Ski for free - 2019 Nautique Swervin' Weekends

skiinxs

• Baller
For the third year in a row Nautique, HO, and AWSA along with several promo team members are supplying boats, skis, lakes, pro team coaching, lunch and t-shirts completely for free. I read a lot of posts here with skiers complaining about access to skiing. If you want to learn to ski for the first time or improve your skills with excellent equipment, conditions, and coaching, all you have to do is sign up at this link. If you are anywhere close to St. Louis and sign up for the Jerseyville, IL location, you will be skiing with me on a private ski lake, but there are 18 sites across the country, hopefully one is close to you. I have read lots of comments on this forum about lack of access to good water and also lots who have never had an opportunity to ski behind the new Ski Nautique. Here is your chance.

• Baller
@RichardDoane I can't really comment on details that I know nothing about, but for each Swervin' weekend a promo team member has to secure a suitable site that is willing to dedicate the weekend to the event. The weekends are a lot of work for the host, but after hosting for the last two years I can say they are very rewarding. It is a lot of fun watching skiers at all levels learn, but it is really special when the kids get up on skis for their first time. I encourage everyone who has kids, or friends (or friends with kids:) that may be interested in skiing to give them the link and / or help them sign up. Call it the next level of an Ambassador program! We may sometimes take our top equipment and pristine lakes for granted. It is really nice to share them for a weekend!

• Baller

I've done this the past two years and have signed up for this year. Great Event! If I designed it myself, I wouldnt do anything different. I realize there is some variation from place to place but our local one is great. Most "clinics" have several folks in boat per session. Here, its all you for your full half hour slot. When I first realized that was the set up, I feared it would be a lot of marketing or a lot of talk and procedure by the hosts. It's not that at all. You tell them what you want and they pull you and the pro gives you guidance. (I'm a rank rookie weekend warrior, about a 15off/30 mph skier, and they are more than accommodating. The two years I did it the pros were Breanne Dodd and Nate Smith. Both were great. This year is Ryan Dodd. I am sure he is a great swerver in addition to being world champ jumper, but I couldnt help but ask myself when I saw his name as our pro this year if he was going to make me strap on a set of jumpers. The last 2 years I have gone with 1 or 2 other guys. Since we are all older and tire quickly, we asked if we could lump our time slots together and take turns and the hosts had no problem with that. I've seen total beginners, rookie swervers and high end swervers all take part and everyone enjoyed it. Thanks Nautique. Great event.

5s27fjzfz40g.jpg

0aw4t52hugef.jpg

• Baller_

It was a MasterCraft promo weekend in Saranac Lake NY with Sherri Sloan in 1991 that sucked me back into the sport after a professional school and career induced lay off. The next time I saw Sherri was at LaPoint Ski Park a few years ago when she came to Orlando to see her friend Jennifer Leachman LaPoint go into the Hall of Fame. I introduced myself and said a profuse “Thank you.” I meant it.

Nate Smith will be in Saranac Lake this summer for a Swerving Weekend at Fogarty’s Lake Flower Marina (home of H2OPROSHOP. com). Different dealer, of course, but opportunities for a new batch of skiers.

Lpskier

• Baller

Just wanted to bump this thread. Super cool of Nautique to put this thing on. A buddy and I grabbed the last couple spots (which happened to be the first of the morning) for the MacCallum's Boathouse/Northwood Lake stop. Lucked out and had the nicest weather so far this season, with relatively smooth water.

Jon Travers and Pete Baker (his boat I believe) were super nice. 30 minutes allotted for each of us, so plenty of time for multiple open water passes. No pressure. Jon gave us some great tips and things to work on over the summer.

Highly recommend it!

jum8xdae6t6m.jpg

plc0sb6toi5v.jpg

agebyqklyhd7.jpg

• Baller
Our GA Swervin’ event got cancelled for this past weekend due to bad weather. We have re-scheduled it for August 24-25th at the same location. Log on to Nautique.com and click on events then choose Swervin’ weekend and scroll down to GA in order to sign up.

• Baller
Unfortunately, last I heard ( I believe in the other thread) that Nate will not be doing his Swervin' appearances. Maybe if there are some later in the season, not sure. Too bad, I enjoyed my session with him last year. Mine is in a couple weeks in Raleigh with Ryan Dodd. Looking forward to it. Wondering if our promo guy has a new Ski Nautique. Last 2 years he had a 200. Have not yet seen/experienced the new Ski.

• Baller

@powbmps Your feedback is very similar to what I heard from our participants last weekend. This was the third year in a row that we hosted a swervin' weekend at Lake of Dreams. There were many kids (and a few adults) who learned to ski for the first time as well more experienced skiers who learned new skills and received useful training advice while they had a chance to try out the new Ski Nautique. Natalia provided excellent coaching, as did Ryan and Zack in past years. Add in the lunch, snacks, and t-shirt all FREE! I have to commend Nautique for stepping up and dedicating a lot of resources to sponsor these events. This is a very laid back, enjoyable atmosphere where many newbies are hanging out with skiers of various abilities. This interaction also helps them learn more about the skiing community. If you are anywhere close to one of the remaining weekends I encourage you to sign up. If it is full, show up anyway, they may be able to work you in. (I was able to work in 6 additional skiers), but even if you can't ski, you can hang out with the less experienced skiers and be an ambassador for the sport.

w1l9iqbieufz.jpg

• Baller
I'm in on the MN one as well with my wife (but need to fix the reservation as I managed to sign up for different days...). I'm pretty damn excited to try out some skis as the squirreling money away for a lake house has left me on some old gear for a long time.

• Baller
@jriester33 9/1 is the plan. It'll be a little weird being back on Lake Jane, as I lived right over there growing up, so spent a ton of time on the three lakes there through college and beyond. Nice to see they lifted the no wake before noon rules there.

• Baller

Raleigh session was today. Another great time. Conditions were perfect, my first opportunity to ski behind the new Ski Nautique, WOW, what a pull!. Ryan Dodd was the pro/coach. Who knew the world record jumper could offer a few swervin tips too?

The people in slots both before mine and after mine didnt show, so I had over an hour to myself (of course since I'm old and tire pretty quickly, there was a pretty good break after first 5 passes.)

4aa8ls614fpq.jpg

sni57ns8p1rb.jpg

9ax854h7oz65.jpg

• Baller

This is the coolest way to learn trick skiing for the first time, from the Masters champ. A special thanks to Erika and everyone at the Ohio event that made my kid’s first time on both two and then one trick ski a great experience. pxeya25e0nyt.jpeg

• Baller_
Consider how great this opportunity has been - you get to ski behind the latest slalom offering which is enough in itself, then (in my case) you get to take advantage of getting some free coaching and an extended interaction and random discussion on skiing nuances in a relaxed and one on one setting with the #1 athlete on the planet. What other sport offers a similar experience? Kudos to everybody that coordinated and supported the events, great job.