Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

More 1982 tournament video - BLP versus KLP

MISkier

• Baller_

I got this video link from @Rook today. This is from Shreveport. Bob LaPoint and Kris LaPoint in the finals and into -39 and record territory. Great skiing.

I don't know if anyone has posted this here before, but I thought it was cool to see how big skiing was back then.

Some other interesting things:

15,000 people

$25,000 offered for anyone breaking the record

Check out the enthusiasm and reaction of the crowd

Hand timing

Some jumpers without helmets

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
WAY cool old video. Champs of my time. Was no better time to be skiing. boats & equipment may be much better today, but there was no better time for the sport. As noted above, crowds, enthusiasm, money, etc. So blessed to have experienced it. THANK YOU @MISkier for posting it! Into 39 almost 40 years ago - that's raw skiing.

• Baller
Wow. Few things which struck me too - KLP’s reverse grip for slalom (I thought only Mike Hazelwood did that), lack of helmets for jump and how short the jump skis were, Ricky retiring at 30 due to old age, Carl’s moustache ?, how flat that water was (!), and finally what about that slalom technique....arms up in the air, bent at the waist and I’m guessing they were 65/6 inch skis for the men..

• Baller
Wow. Thanks for posting. The first Shreveport tournament that I worked, and pre Pro Tour, which started in 1984. My name was even mentioned as one of the key officials. This was my first Shreveport pro tournament before many others.