Storing skis

wettek69

• Baller

Gidday guys

I have often wondered what is the best method to store a ski, standing up leaning against something, lying down flat, with the fin overhanging so it's flat on the bottom, lying on it'side etc. Probably makes no difference at all, but was curious if the manufacturers had any reccomendations or preferences.

Yeah, sitting here having a morning coffee with not much else to think about......

• Baller
This is funny.. I just bought my first ski, and was pondering the same question: D3 Fusion, and with not much room, opted for the basement. Relatively dry, but cold because in Ohio I burn firewood upstairs. I decided to lay it across the top of the heat duct, laying between my joists. I put a thermometer down there just for good measure to make sure it wasn't too cold.. pretty consistent at 50 degrees.

• Baller

Thanks guys. I've always stored mine indoors standing up, just basic common sense to store under cover and in the shade (unless of course you have no option, like having to lock it in your car unattended etc). I was wondering more along the lines of standing up, laying flat, laying on it's side, fin overhanging etc. As Horton said, I don't think it really matters, purely curious if there is any way that is regarded as "better"

Regards to all

• Baller
My partner insists laying them on their side because in theory we ski on the bottom of the ski and don’t want to mess the bottom up. But I feel the edge of the ski is way more critical than the bottom. I’m not too concern about my fin as you can adjust a fin.