Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

OldGuysRule

• Baller
My beloved Fairland Water Ski Club in Fairland Indiana has received notice that our lease will not be renewed. The Fairland Recreation Center offered a swimming beach, miniature golf, batting cages, camping, and was host to a water ski club since the mid 1960's. Numerous tournaments/events including the Indiana State Championships were held there. Popularity of the Recreation Center diminished over the years and now it appears that the lake will be filled in for commercial purposes. I'm personally fortunate to have an alternative site to play at but still a personal loss at the demise of a once active site where we had so much fun. Good Bye Fairland. Dave Jarrett - President Indiana Water Ski Association

I drove by there on Sunday as I was headed back to Charlotte. Even got off the exit and got a closer look before getting gas. The Northwest portion of the lake already has a mountain of broken concrete and dirt piled up ready to be pushed into the water. The old recreation center buildings appear to be gutted and ready to be demolished. No signs of a course or jump anywhere.

I skied my second ever EP there years ago and remember jumping there too. It was always a fun place to ski. Sorry to see its demise.

• Baller
When Fairland first started, I was skiing on a river is SW Ohio, back then we had no private lakes so the tournament at Fairland was the greatest place ever with some of the nicest people. In the spring when we were flooded out I was always invited over to practice, thank you Steve & Lynnette Helton, Indiana is a special place and I'm so glad that I was forced to move to Indiana

• Baller

So sorry to hear that. My very first tournament ever was there...Indiana State Tournament. I did not know diddly, but everyone there was so kind and understanding. When it was my turn (they were kind enough to have a novice division!!) the boat came to the dock and they asked for my handle. What handle?? Thankfully they provided a club handle.

I also remember doing a triathlon there.

Too bad, but thanks for all the memories...