Upgrade my D3

LoopSki

• Baller
Im overdue for a new stick. Still on my 2012 X7 . Not only old but its beat up. I also need to size up from a 65 to a 66. Id like to spend no more than $500 which I think puts me in a Helix 2 range. Should I up my budget to $800 and go for a newer ARC or Evo? Will newer ski be that much better? Im just a hack 15-28.

• Administrators

I would say the ARC or the EVO are clearly better skis than the Helix 1 or 2.

As a percentage of the total cost of skiing, the cost of a new ski is very small. Why not buy new and then ride it for many seasons.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
I came off a Helix 2 to a NRG great ski, you can make deals with people on SIA $600 should not be a problem. Make sure to read past info here on BOS moving the boot forward one hole and the fin forward 5 thousands make a good ski Great. I am on a 66" ski the same line lengths as you.

• Baller

For what it's worth here's my experience on D3 over the last 5 years. I generally ski at 36mph @ 32-off. Decent stack, but really struggle with staying connected off the second wake.

I've gone from a Helix to a Quest 45 to an ARC to an NRG. All 67" skis. Came from an HO A3.

I liked the Helix more than the HO so decided to stay in the D3 family. LOVED the Quest 45. Faster, but always felt very balanced, stable, predictable. Never should have sold it. Went to the ARC and was never comfortable on it. Lost that stable feeling. And now I love the NRG as much as the Q45. Speed, stability and let's me move around without punishing me. Seems the fastest of the bunch as well to help with my terrible issue after the second wake.