TEMP IN BREEZY POINT,MN

bananaron

• Baller
I thought I would post this mornings temp for you ballers who live in a warm or warmer climate.Its 36 below zero here in northern MN. and the windchill is 50 below zero.Saturday we should be at 32 above which will be tropical.It was nice and warm in the hot tub and sauna last night we sure are glad we bought those this past fall.Have a great day wherever you are and if you can take a ski run.ENJOY..............

• Baller_
My entire family lives in MN. Apparently I'm the only family member that got the memo that says you don't have to live there. @bananaron sounds like you all could use some global warming or climate change or whatever it's called these days. Stay warm.

• Baller
@Wish I would think you would have your entire family visiting you this wk.You should have a houseful............@scotchipman The quality of life that I have here is second to none.I ski on a pristine lake close to 6 months and I enjoy the change of seasons.And yes it gets cold and this is the polar vortex and if you look all over the country close to everyone is being impacted by the weather changes.We live longer in MN!!!

• Baller_
I figure I’ll just stay here until the north gets past this fluctuation and becomes basically tropical. The regular cycle of warming will eventually complete and chase all that arctic air away until the next downturn cycle. During that warm period, it will really be the place to be.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@scotchipman I couldn't agree more...I would love to get out of the Midwest and move to the Rockys! Although NE IN does have its fair share of lakes it does lack any amount of forests and the winters are cold and windy with little to no snow. Sure it may be affordable and a "great place to raise a family" but geographically it sucks. Unless of course you are a farmer or like long straight and majorly potholed roads (specificity Interstate 69 between Fort Wayne and Indianapolis). Hopefully the migration can happen in the near future...

• Baller

Not starting a discussion or being political, just pointing something out..."Global Cooling" became "Global Warming" in the 80's. Then "Global Warming" became "Climate Change". "Climate Change" is currently transitioning into the term "Extreme Weather".

If you're hunkered down in the midwest, youtube Leonard Nimoy's "In search of", "the coming ice age" episode. Feels like today here in WI:(

• Baller
We're always just one good volcanic eruption away from a new ice age. I preferred when everyone was concerned about pollution, it is a lot less fear mongering and something you can actually see and measure. The average temp going up or down a few degrees only causes fear in folks who don't understand what an average is. The temp can swing 70 degrees in a day around here.

• Baller

So I was at work today, my car wouldn't start after work. I get a lift home. My daughters car in the driveway won't start. Got to jump it...the hood is frozen shut. Go back to work to jump mine...it starts but no gears will engage. Let it run a while, shut it down, jump it again and it will now engage and is in the garage...my daughters hood still frozen shut.

This is damned nutty cold, folks.

I didn't try it...but was told that if one threw boiling water up in the air it would be solid before reaching the ground. I'm skeptical...but not entirely skeptical having been out there.

• Baller
Northern IL here, -20F this morning. Jan-Feb is really the worst part about the midwest living but other than that, it's great. The holidays are great, I don't mind winter during that time. There's something about how magical the summer is here. Lack of major natural disasters, lack of critters that want to kill us, central location for quick shipping and flights. Fall is magical. Lakes everywhere, and 5 hours north is northern Wisconsin which is one of the most beautiful places on earth. We've thought about moving to the south but there's so much more to life besides warm temps. I have a coworker who relocated his family from West Palm to here and wouldn't go back for any reason (not a skier).

• Baller
Everyone is freaking out, it was two cold days. It's winter! My house is still standing. It wasn't blown down by a hurricane or burnt down by a fire. Everyone knew it was coming for over a week and had plenty of time to prepare. You stay inside where its 68 degrees and if you go outside you dress for it. My dogs and I went on our two daily walks with no problems. I walked outside this morning at 20 degrees and it felt like spring! Tomorrow and Monday it's forecasted to be in the 50's.

• Baller_
Here in the tropical PNW it's 10 degrees this morning. That calculates to a 42 degree ski day which is TCTS even for me. Anything under 20 degrees for more than a day or two is unusual around here and looks like we are in for at least another week. Remarkably the hummingbirds are still here pounding down the sugar water - amazing creatures!