Places to Ski in Tennessee

sunnshinne

• Baller

Hey ballers, I'm going to be at an internship for 3 months at the Oak Ridge National Lab in Tennessee. I'd love to be able to get some sets in this summer and don't have a problem working for pulls. (or bringing the standard tank of gas)

Is there anyone who belongs at any of the clubs in the area? The closest I've found via USA Waterski Clubs and the Google Earth places to ski was near Nashville. I don't mind driving a couple hours if I have to but ideally there's something closer to get more than one set a week in.

Thanks in advance!

• Baller
There are a group of skier who maintain a slalom course on Melton Hill. They like to keep it a secret though. Sorry I don't have contact info for any of them anymore. You might be able to make contact through someone at eskimo escapades. www.eskimoescapades.org.

• Baller

Not for sure how far you would be from Chattanooga Tenn.

I am one of the owners at No Wake Lake (private ski site) in Fort Oglethorpe Georgia about 16 miles south from Down Town Chattanooga. If you wanted to come down on Saturday's or Sunday's while you are working in Oak Ridge I could give you a pull depending on my work on call schedule. In case you want to do a Map Quest to see how far away the lake is from where you are staying in Oak Ridge the Lake address is:

NO Wake Lake

3023 Battlefield Pkwy

Fort Oglethorpe GA, 30742

If you decide you are interested you can e-mail me at tomjsmothers@aol.com

oldmanskier