Show off your Vintage Skis

DangerBoy

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@oldguyrule That is a very early 50s model of a Kimball. I’m going to see if I can get you another kimball for your collection. I actually have the old catalog and pricing for the skis for wholesale and retail from my family’s company. I should share also. So Kimball is my moms side of the family and my dads last name is Mahar... distant relatives of Maherajah.

• Baller

@PacMan that EP FX200 brings back memories! That was my 1st "real" slalom ski. @Jaypro that TRC was my 2nd, the original with the actual Titanium Reinforced Core. Great memories of both!

Here's a picture of my Birthday present to myself this year, still need to mount it to the wall.

• Baller

Score! Just picked this up today. Unbelievable deal. ?? I've been wanting to get a Maha in my collection for a long time. ?

What is that little yellow wheel thingy mounted just above the front binding? It says Maherajah on it so it seems to be original to the ski. I have no idea what it was put there for. Does anybody know?

xgi0iefo1juc.jpg

• Baller

Not skiis , but came across this photo on a Facebook group. In the neighboring town there is a small lake in the downtown area. Apparently back in the 50’s people used to ski there. Now its a homeless hangout and unsanitary.

9gmh434z6l5c.jpeg

• Baller

@Brewski That's a great little collection of wood skis. That Connelly in the corner looks quite unusual with the high contrasting veneers on the outside and middle of the top sheet.

@6_Buoys Those are some nice recent acquisitions. Hard to set the bindings any further back on that Voit ski eh? Can you imagine trying to ski on that thing riding so far back on the tail? Like riding a bike in a perpetual wheelie.

• Baller

@jaquaski What's the story on that Hustler ski? It looks like it was made by Connelly but has a different brand name silk screened on it.

@fernandofleck That's a nice trio of skis there. I think that Torque is the nicest looking Torque ski I've ever seen. Most of the ones I've seen don't have near that nice of woods and inlay work.