Jolly Clinics: Ski & Tourism in the heart of Northern Italy

Luzz

• Baller

Ballers!

Over the years, we have had skiers from all over the world coming to Jolly Ski in San Gervasio, Italy. A big reason for taking the trip was the skiing of course, but also to travel and check out what the area has to offer in terms of art, food, and leisure.

This year, my sister and I decided to take charge of both aspects and provide skiers with an all-inclusive package.

dv0st64w5hde.jpg

ec4es8aqdwdo.png

The idea is pretty straightforward. Skiers will take two sets every morning with yours truly providing both technical and mental coaching on the art of the six buoys. Then, after a nice local lunch, we will head out and, over the week, visit places like Verona, Mantova, Lake Iseo, Lake Garda, and Brescia. These are not going to be the typical tourist-trap-like places, but true and authentic experiences, from entering small-batch wineries, to admiring some of the most astonishing architecture and art that Italy has to offer, to visit some of its most treasured lakes.

The first clinic will take place June 3rd to June 7th, with another one in the making towards end of July or early August.

Importantly, these clinics are not just for skiers. We happily accept non-skiing guest! With the exception of the morning skiing sets, these guests will enjoy all the benefits that come with the clinic (lodging, meals, winery tours, bike rentals, museum tickets, etc.).

If you are interested and want more info & details, please shoot us an email or send me a PM here on BOS.

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller
I'll still be in Florida or else I'd be booking to come along with you, @Luzz For anyone else who hasn't been to Jolly Ski, it's phenomenal and the surrounding area that I've seen during my trips for the San Gervasio Pro Am is incredible too. From that event I know for sure that Matteo and his family know the score when it comes to skiing and hospitality. This will be a seriously good trip.

• Baller
I have been to this site twice in the last few years and it is a first class ski site. Great people and great skiing. This is a great opportunity to see some awesome sites as well as ski in a great site. Luzz will take you to some of the best places in Italy and you will have your own personal tour guide. Not to mention the incredible food you'll eat. Considering everything you get to do and see, this is a great deal. - Keith Albritton (Lake 38)

• Baller

@poski super cool, me and Michela are looking forward to having you guys!

@Chef23 shoot me a PM if you want more info, but I really think your wife and daughter will still have a great experience with all the activities we have planned B)

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

Hey ballers, just want to echo what a lot of people have already said about this opportunity. Skiing aside, this is an incredible area to visit. I have been lucky enough to visit Matteo's site on a few different occasions. This past summer, I was able to spend 10 days skiing and visiting the area. Matteo and I turned buoys all morning at his perfect site and then we mainly spent our time eating meats and cheeses at the best local spots. Top notch skiing, food, and people. If you are considering this opportunity, I highly recommend it. Looking forward to heading back over the 4th of July for his annual pro event.

Hey Ballers,

Matteo and I decided to organize this tour last summer when we realized there was a lot of interest from skiers visiting Jolly Ski to explore local areas of interest. We understood that many skiers also love to get out of the water to enjoy cities, food, shopping, nature, and arts. Of course the core focus of the clinic will be on water skiing, but how about getting professional coaching in the morning and enjoy some tourism at the afternoon? The answer to that question is the Jolly Clinic!

Our region has so much potential in terms of tourism! You can taste typical and tasty food, drink a really good wine, visit some historical sites (also from Roman time!), get excited in front of art and, of course, breathe some fresh oxygen on mountains or natural lakes. All of these opportunities are only one hour drive away from Jolly Ski! That’s why I love so much the place where I live and why our staff decided to built the Jolly Ski School in San Gervasio Bresciano 15 years ago. I highly recommend this opportunity (obviously :D) to ski hard and receive some technical tips with Matteo, as well as enjoying some tourism and fun with the two of us. We're going to have a lot of fun! :)

This sounds awesome! Wife and I went to Italy this past December for 12 days and on plane ride home we decided we are definitely going back to Italy. It has been a weekly topic of the amazing food we had, sounds awesome to get insight on local places to tour and nothing better than skiing

• Baller

Hey Ballers!

We have a few spots left for this baller clinic :wink:

We have been keeping the delivery of detailed information though email exchanges so far, but if you have any questions about skiing, schedule, site seeing, etc… ask up!

I rarely post anything, but would like to say that my fiancée and i toured northern Italy a few years ago and found jolly ski with Matteo and his team. He directed us on the fantastic sights that he is proposing for his tour. Likewise we had sets in the morning and then had in effect a whole new day exploring the incredible sights of this beautiful part of the world in the afternoon and evening. The coaching is world class and you are made to feel completely at home, as is the Italian way. If you are in 2 minds whether to sign up, go, you won’t even forget it.

• Baller

@ManicMike had a great time on his trip, he had nothing but praise when he returned, by his account the skiing was sensational and areas visited were outstanding and not spoilt by tourists in big numbers, he told me that you get to see the real Italy and he experienced many sights that ticked all the boxes.

The Real Deal !

This trip was an amazing time and I'd recommend it to anyone, skier or not. I'm not much of a writer so I can't really give it the praise it deserves, but my girlfriend, who was a non-skier and has traveled outside the country a number of times already, said this was by far the best trip she's ever been on. Matteo and Michela were wonderful hosts and put together a great itinerary for the trip. Each day we were taken to a new corner of Italy, typically off the beaten tourist trail, and we got to see, taste, and experience things we'd never have found on our own. Not only that, but we basically had personal tour guides the entire week, who took great care in making sure we had the best experience possible. A large part of what made the trip so special were all the personal touches. Matteo has a wealth of information about the local area, history, politics, food, movies, music, you name it, and is always willing to share. Michela has a knack for planning, great artistic eye and really organized a great trip.

That's not even considering the ski aspect of it. To be able to spend a whole week with perfect conditions, consistent coaching from world class coaches, and just immerse in life at their lake is hard to replicate. All the input I received was easy to digest and understand and to turn into positive changes in my skiing. I left feeling more consistent, confident, and prepared for what to work on for the remainder of the season. Beyond coaching, in just a few sets Matteo identified a simple ski adjustment that resolved an issue and felt much more comfortable. Each day we had the whole remainder of the day while touring to hear about ski stories and history from Matteo, anecdotes about pro skiers & tournaments, insights into the ski development & testing process, etc. Matteo's enthusiasm for the sport is infectious, and we even got my girlfriend in the water to ski at the end of the trip for her first time and she loved it.

Could we have done something similar on our own, booking our own morning sets and planning our day trip after? Sure, but there's no way we would have had as great an experience, and no replacement for the care, attention and company from Matteo and Michela. Not to mention it would have required significantly more effort and planning on our part. With their trip we really just had to show up and enjoy, and not go through the typical headaches around planning something like this. There's no way to put a number on the value they provided from all their own time on the trip, but if we did I think it’d have been way more than whatever the rough difference would have worked out to be.

It was their first year planning the trip and from the get go it was awesome, but it'll only improve with what they learned this time. The whole experience was phenomenal; we'd absolutely do it again and hope to some day, and again would recommend it to anyone. If your wives/girlfriends/family/significant others don't ski, they will definitely enjoy the trip and might come home more excited about skiing than before, which you also can't really put a price on.

• Baller

@poski Wow, much humbled by this recap... It was a great week for sure, which allowed me and @MiksLuzz to get in touch again with what our area has to offer. It goes without saying that we are already organizing ourselves for the 2020 Jolly Clinic with what we have learned from this year ;)

@poski also left out a great outcome of this clinic, which I hope he won't mind me sharing. Throughout our afternoons around he mentioned how he had never skied a tournament before. Well, he skied his first tournament last weekend!! I feel particularly proud/guilty of having introduced yet another person to this crazy addiction called tournament water skiing :D

• Baller

k81i63i8bdvs.jpeg

Alright Ballers, the dates for the 2020 Jolly Clinic are set! We'll be hosting this fun week June 8th - 12th.

These will be the landmarks to be visited (order tbd):

Mantova Verona Lake Iseo and the Franciacorta Wine Region Brescia Lake Garda

You can see some highlights from last year here and here.

Feel free to write here or DM me if you have questions B)

• Baller

a4xx6phjsipm.jpeg

Ballers,

Stoked to announce the demand for the Jolly Clinic has been so high that @MiksLuzz and I decided to open a second Jolly Clinic, June 1st-5th.

Same average coaching, same average sites :p

DM me if you are interested or have questions

• Baller

Ballers,

Just addressing a few points you guys asked me via DM:

Can I come just to ski with you without the tourist part?

Not during the first two weeks of June. The clinics are a one-package deal with everything included. If you want to come ski with me at Jolly Ski at any other time, absolutely.

Are we going to be at the lake most of the day?

Nope. The max we will be at the lake are the days in which we have two sets, and that will be 9a - 12:30p. The rest of the day is meals, activities, happy hours, etc.

Any spots left for June 8th - 12th?

We have one spot left for that week We only have 2 spots left for June 1st - 5th.