Lake under power lines?

jcamp

• Baller_

@jcamp, here is an image of a lake (old gravel pit) in South Lyon, MI. The electrical towers are circled in red and the power line path is indicated in red lines. Seems like it can be done or has been done.

o57w69xhy9w2.jpg

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
My lake has a power line over it and I know several other lakes with them. Need to make sure the poles that support the line are well past the edge of the lake. Check with local power company in your area to see if they would have any other concerns.

• Baller
Our lake has a large power line over it. We asked the power company to add a pole to create more clearance over the water. Not sure what would have happened if we had splashed the old line - but have had no problems with it since they raised it.

• Baller
We boated, skied and fished for many years near the Beesleys Point power plant at the mouth of the Great Egg Harbor River and Bay estuary. Many - power lines above and towers in the water. Not sure how the New Jersey laws may regulate skiing in that area now.

• Baller

Off topic; @Edbrazil I think the Petersburg site was located where now is a drag strip. They built a land bridge through the middle of the lake so people camping could have a shorter walk to the track.

I work at a power plant but I who knows what they do with the power once it leaves here? :)