Are you Goofy-footed? Scientific Quest...

mfjaegersr

• Baller
When I was young and learning skiing, I was ambidextrous. Would switch off RFF and LFF. Could get up both ways but I was definitely "right legged." However, back then, the misguided idea was that your stronger leg should be your back leg. Thus, I'm LFF and have struggled all my life to get my COM as far over my left foot as possible.

• Baller

I'm right handed, right foot dominant but ski LFF. I throw, golf and bat right handed, shoot left handed in hockey and hold the waterski handle left handed. I also wakeboard LFF (normal).

For me, skiing LFF vs RFF was night and day. When I first tried dropping a ski I tried dropping my left ski and could only go about 10 feet before face planting on each of three or four tries. Then I tried dropping the right and instantly went several hundred yards on one foot trying to find that elusive back pocket/rtp with my back foot.

In hockey, the majority of right handed people shoot left and, of course the majority of people are right handed. That means there are always more skilled NHL calibre left handed shots vs right handed so right wingers and right defencemen are always harder to come by. It makes you wonder why in field hockey they make everyone shoot right.

• Baller

I answered this with sports in mind, Left Handed and RFF. I bat left, play hockey left, golf left, throw left, lacrosse left but play goalie in hockey right, and racket sports right. I also write right and I am right handed surgeon and kick right. I believe this is defined as mixed dominant.

It took a year and a half to get used to holding the slalom handle in the proper position for RFF.