BOAT SHOW SEASON

blakeyates

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The picture with the eyes confirms how ugly and dopey that design is !!! And what is up, everyone seems to love the "baby poop" brown Seadek. Whatever happened to gray? So much more classic and understated. The brown will look so dated in a few of years. Just like the tan hull color of a few years ago, looks now.

• Baller_
I really like all SeaDeck. Especially the stained teak colors. Then some of the boat companies started using it where teak decking would NEVER go. And then they started bending it around radios as if teak decking would even bend like that. The ugliness with SeaDeck isn't in its color or function or even looks. It's the use of it where it doesn't jive with what your brain thinks is possible with teak decking. If companies continue to use it for things other then decking in such a manners, it should no longer be called SeaDeck.....more like SeaCovering.

• Baller
There was a Black/White/Tan SN and a Red/White Prostar at the Seattle show. I thought both boats were very sharp. One thing I kept thinking was how many different size buffers I'd need for gel correction and polishing (and whether correction would even be possible in some of the nooks and crannies) on the SN with all the difference angles on that boat.

• Baller

Was at the Toronto Boat Show on Saturday. First stop was the Mastercraft booth - got some good information on the ProStar and talked to a bunch of friends. Had a great time there.

Second stop was the Nautique booth. Got to finally sit in the fancy new one. While I'm still not sold on the looks, it's growing on me. Tons of cool features and great ergonomics (IMO), but I think I already knew more about the thing than the sales guy I was talking to...was still fun though.

Third stop, and by far the shortest, was the Malibu booth. A group of guys who kind of looked like they might be working there saw me looking around inquisitively like I couldn't find something, because well I couldn't. One of the guys: "Hey what can we help you find?". Me: "your 3 event boat". One of the guys, now laughing: "in the catalog". Me: "see ya". Can't believe they didn't bring it...kinda sad...

• Baller

The MC booth in Minneapolis didn't have a Prostar, but they did bring a nice selection of slalom skis. Even had a Vapor Pro Build there. I didn't count, but it looked like they had more skis than surf boards.

@Rob Same deal here. The booth reps didn't really know much. The Nautique guy, who was really nice btw, asked me what we currently have. We told him a Prostar, and it really seemed as though he had never heard of it. Then strange questions like, does your boat have a trough? "No". Oh, do you have wake tuners? "No, it doesn't need them". Sounds like you have a nice boat. "Yes, you should check one out someday".

• Baller

Hey guys, before you freak out on what you think is a high price for the Nautique remember, that is the listed retail price. Also if you compare apples to apples I think you’ll find that the price is close to at least one of the other main manufacturers and probably the other one also.

My 2018 200 Promo loaded retailed around 120k

Hey, at least we’re not wakeboarders looking at 150 to 200k. My buddy went into his Malibu dealer and saw a Malibu at 200k

• Baller

@skierjp

I love the new 2019 Ski Nautique but I think you are mistaken on the price comparison. I know both dealers here in town really good.

Apples to apples the nautique 200 and the MC pro star are very close in price.

The Malibu TXi is a few thousand less.

But the 2019 Ski Nautique is 20-30k more depending on motor.

No one looks at MSRP anymore.

• Baller

Went to the Dallas show last night. Got to see the new SN in person for the first time. I was hoping I would like the looks more in person, but it still looks weird. Obviously, though, a great performing boat, and I would love to ski behind it.

Pleasantly surprised to see a TXi.

Sadly, but expected, no ProStar.