Somewhere to ski in New Mexico!

Kfullero

I am a recent graduate of Arizona state and skied on the team there my senior year and fell in love with this sport. I’ve been in Florida the last year skiing up in Alabama and sadly will be moving to Kirtland Air Force Base for a new training in Albuquerque for the next 9 months. I really wanna continue to ski and have my own skis but need some new ski friends for when I move!

• Baller_

NM is not known for its skiing opportunities, except those offered on the snow. I’ve never been, but I hear Taos is spectacular.

Tom Brantley is an Open Level skier skiing in NM and he skis open water on a river near the TX/NM border. I don’t know of any private or public sites with a course or jump.

As I say, if life gives you lemons, make margaritas. Try the mountain biking while you are there. Great way to keep in shape and a blast on its own merits. You might have to do some driving to water ski.

We’re you skiing at Ski Watch when you lived in FL?

Lpskier

• Baller

We were at Kirtand for 3 years - the skiing was pretty much limited to Elephant Butte. Its all open water and about a 2 hour drive, but we made the best of it and went often in the summer. I never saw a course there, but plenty of folks to ski with!

Lots of opportunity to snow ski...even right on the top of Sandia Peak off of the tram.

• Administrators

Here are US states in order of # of Ballers last year. New Mexico is 5th from the bottom. I am surprised to see New Mexico is ahead of Alaska.

California

Texas

Florida

Michigan

Virginia

Illinois

Washington

Minnesota

New York

Georgia

Colorado

Wisconsin

North Carolina

Ohio

Tennessee

Massachusetts

Oregon

Utah

Indiana

Pennsylvania

Arizona

Missouri

Alabama

Nebraska

New Jersey

Connecticut

South Carolina

New Hampshire

Kentucky

Louisiana

Nevada

District of Columbia

Idaho

Kansas

Maryland

Oklahoma

Iowa

Montana

Maine

Vermont

Arkansas

Mississippi

Rhode Island

North Dakota

Hawaii

South Dakota

New Mexico

Alaska

Wyoming

West Virginia

Delaware

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller_
I’m sort of surprised there are that many skiers in Nova Scotia. How does that compare to Maine? In our reading material for the Eastern Region Winter meeting, I think it indicated that there are between 30 and 40 tournament skiers in Maine, but that’s not an indication of how many Mainers ( Maniacs as we call them) ski recreationally, not counting all the kids from other states and provinces that learn to ski at summer camp in Maine.

Lpskier