skiing in Chicago near Hoffman Estates

6balls

• Baller

Hello all,

I have a nephew in Hoffman, just got his own ski/bindings etc (stuff I sold him). Skis slalom pretty recreational at this point as has not had a lot of opportunity for more...and doesn't have funding for his own ski boat etc...and is not course ready, but a decent recreational slalom skier...so something like Laurie's Quarry really isn't going to help him.

He's a really nice kid, tho, and hungry...would drive an hour one way and would be a very mold-able ski partner for someone running open on the river.

Any leads appreciated. Let's grow the sport. He's also one helluva musician geez can that boy play drums.

• Baller

I can get him out on the river in st charles. I work nights though and usually ski weekdays around noon. I know that's tough for people with normal jobs. But I would be willing to take him out when I can. Also do early Sunday mornings usually 6 of us in 2 boats running the course but it gets crowded quick on weekends.

• Baller

@jhughes one big problem with Chicago is that all the water around is private. Tons of private ski lakes - but the public water is all either:

A: polluted.

B: Parks Dept - IE no swimming no engines - you can kayak if you want

C: Chain of lakes/Crystal lake ie. SUPER busy.

• Baller
@6balls I'm about 1hr & 45min south of Hoffman Estates. We try to ski weeknights once a week and weekends Sat/Sun mornings. Mainly Course skiing but our lake is plenty big to drag him around free skiing. He will just have to wait after we ski :) and when no one else is using the course.