Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

2018 vs 2019 Vapor Pro Build

jedgell

• Baller
Looking at getting a new ski, have it narrowed down to an EVO or Vapor. I'm leaning towards the Vapor, so is the 2019 much of an improvement over the 2018? There are some great deals out there on the 2018, so trying to figure out if it's worth the extra $600. I ski at 34, a mid-35 off skier. Any opinions?

• Baller

Actually, I skied both the Vapor and the EVO, along with the NRG. The EVO was by far the fastest of the three. In fact, my first set on the EVO, ran right through 28 and 32 with totally BAD form. The ski is really fast cross course.

The Vapor was easy to ski and did everything well. The NRG was not the fastest, but by far the most forgiving. The bad news on the EVO, was that I ran into a total wall at 35 off. "NOT" the skis fault. I found it totally wanted forward COM pressure, like Nate, to run short line. While this is something I have been working on for some time, I found it to be critical. So it was totally my fault I didn't get through 35 on it.

Bottom line, the Vapor was good overall, the EVO the fastest cross course, and the NRG the most forgiving... ALL great skis, by far.

I ended up on the NRG, since it allowed me to work on my forward COM, and forgave me when I was brain dead. I souped it up with the Denali fin, which gave it incredible turns on both sides. However, you can not go wrong with any of these three. Just realize your capabilities, and the ski will reward you.

• Baller
@jimski decided on the EVO due to some friends recommendations that have skied both and Horton’s review. I typically struggle on my offside and sounds like this is where the EVO shines. Also like that it’s forgiving, I make a lot of mistakes!