MINNESOTA WINTER ACTIVITIES

bananaron

• Baller

As most of you know our winters here are long and cool.This yr started much earlier and our lakes froze over much sooner.I just purchased a sauna and hot tub to make winter easier and to feel better.To be honest it is working due to hydrotherapy is great for the old joints and the sauna is fantastic for putting you to sleep.By spring I will feel young again and ready to rip the lake up!! I feel younger everyday and hope to stay away from the orthopedic surgeon and keep on skiing.........nkn2nkb4zpdf.jpg

• Baller

Still shorts weather in MN, but eventually it will get cold so that I'm not sweating skiing.

@bananaron - I've been trying to figure out a way to work a hot tub into the backyard and haven't yet. I'm jealous of your space. Our addition to the fall/winter yard usage this year was a new fire pit setup that was my fall project. pl729e7w5cde.jpg

• Baller

Sweet set up @bananaron In only 9 days the days start getting longer! I transition to Nordic skiing - super convenient to have snow making, best grooming crew in the business and lighted trails early a.m. and late p.m. just 15 minutes from home.

wzptc2p2dnru.jpeg

fhszzj4q1wc1.jpeg

@thager do you mean you snowmobile naked?! Seems you could (would?) do that after enough beer or hot toddy's but I'm thinking the risk of frostbite is pretty high....not to mention pretty personal!

Second thought, it may make an entertaining ER visit. Just be sure to bring a camera (for the ER visit)!

• Baller

I like to sit in a small dark shack staring into a big hole in the water waiting to stab a northern.

Otherwise I click clack (cross country ski) when the snow allows....though last year it led to a broken tibia.

Otherwise winter free time is spent bringing firewood into the house, cutting and hauling in new fire wood....it never ever ends.

• Baller
@drew This one is made by Finneleo and I bought it from a dealer here in Minnesota.It is easy to put together and take apart.We do like it and would buy another one.Ck it out at Finneleo.com and also ck out Dundalkleisurecraft.com These are made in Canada and are well made.This company has many different models and sizes.Very interesting units..........