Hovercraft waterski by HO Skis

ROBOT

• Administrators

With a surface area comparable to two skis combined, the Hovercraft provides get-ups easier than on a wakeboard and once up, it rips turns like a surfboard! It’s a great choice for beginners all the way to experts who want fun surf-inspired open water ski sessions. Great control and better balance in a low effort waterski that works great at low speeds. The days of tug-of-war deep water starts are over, as the Hovercraft lifts skiers out of the water like they’ve been given a helium injection. Widetrack Frame: Extra stable platform for easy deep water starts. The fuller ski outline means clear directional getups…less wobble & less spray in the face! More surface area also allows for smoother getups at slower speeds!

• Baller
So...these ski seems to be designed toward getting people up really easy. Am I super crazy to have the idea that maybe they could exaggerate that pickle fork front some more and then you could tell beginners to put the rope in there? So then instead of having the big V rope for beginners, you could have the big V ski for beginners. It might be crazy. Or it just might be a really good idea.

• Baller
In my opinion, Hovercraft is easier to deep water start than combos and many find it easier to get up than a wakeboard. I guess I'd say if your daughter has had success with combos, getting up on Hovercraft is almost guaranteed. As per usual, a patient and skillful coach and driver are always big keys to success as well.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

I got one of these just to try and its so much fun. I'm 98Kg and the 67" was super easy to get out of the water on, as easy as a wakeboard. We were using it at 16mph no troubles too. Its a super fun to learn and just play with but even more fun to have a slow speed course run as well

• Baller

@bigskieridaho my son learned to get up on one ski on a regular 59" HO Blast combo ski at 7 years old and he wasn't a little tiny thing either. As @savaiusini good driving and coaching is the most important thing. My daughter on the other hand struggled for a couple of years and I would have loved something like the Hovercraft.

I would say to get your daughter started if she is very comfortable on two skis crossing the wakes she is ready to start trying one ski. I would say get her on a bigger ski than the combo my son learned on. My son and some other kids at our lake never dropped a ski they just got up on one. My daughter learned by dropping. Just make sure she is having fun with it. If she gets frustrated put her back on the combos and mix in some tries to get up.