Radar Senate Pro 35 0ff and better

seangilbert

• Baller
Wouldn't a smaller Senate Pro merely be a Vapor Pro? I don't understand the urgency for a smaller version of a ski that is a larger version of another ski. FWIW I tried both back to back with fin changes, binding changes, and everything and found the Vapor to be the better ski for me by a wide margin.

• Baller

@jhughes I gave you an “insightful”, but my logic 101 training leaves me wondering why Radar built the Senate Pro if merely upsizing a Vapor yielded the same results.

I am a few buoys behind you, and recently I’ve been wondering if a ski like the Senate Pro would be perfect for me. Or would upsizing any of the top end skis meet my needs? I’m a buck-thirty, so a 66” ski is hard to wrap my head around, but @JoelHowley recommends folks my size ski the 66 GTR.

I’ve also been looking at the KD Platinum. Horton suggested downsizing might be an option with the KD, but at my level I’m wondering if sticking with my standard 65” length would give me added stability and speed.

I know my real problem is poor technique, but I’m hoping these new crop of skis will give me a better platform with which to achieve better stack.

• Baller

@jhughes some of us 15off/22off guys are under the delusion that there is a magic carpet out there with “perfect” balance of forgiviness vs performance. On this hypothetical ski I can ski with subpar technique and run two more full passes.

@jipster43 I am right there with you, 66” is a lot of ski at a buck 30ish.

• Baller

@Bill22 There is no substitute for good body position, technique and experience BUT I have had a ski be a game changer for me a few times.

Ex. (Sorry Horton) borrowed HO A2, Chad Scotts 9900 Midride (purchased from Goode not stolen) and Mapple T2.

All of these skis improved stability and gave me better angle and consistency.