Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Eagle vest or Radar Drifter Impact Vest

jenksski

Hi Guys

Be great to get advice on a few impact/comp vests.

I'm looking to purchase my first impact/comp vest. I didn't want to spend too much, but willing to if needed.

I really like the Eagle vests, would love to own one. I'm trying to contact Masterlineusa to enquire about their ordering and returns policy, as i'm not sure what size I would be.

I feel it's easier and cheaper to go with a Radar Drifter Impact vest.

I live in Western Australia, so have limited choice unless ordering from the US with Eagle range.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

• Baller

1. If this is your first comp vest just know that you will sit lower in the water. I love my eagle but I got a Stokes EVO 2 for public water because it has a lot more flotation.

2. I believe most people size up with Eagle. The chart put me in a small but when I tried it on I could not breathe. Med is perfect and I don’t think it has stretched in 5 yr of use.

• Baller

@gyoung $171 USD shipped, so whatever that converts to currently - approx $235.

I'm normally a large with everything so just bought a large, fits good. Returns would be costly, but to be honest I don't care I just took the risk (calculated & researched).

All the advice is awesome, Thanks.

It really sounds like my gut feeling is to go with an Eagle vest after all and just pay the money.

I’ve researched the size chart etc. I’m deciding either a L or XL.

I’m a L in the chart sizing, but my waist is more towards a XL. Should I stick with a L and just breath in when I put it on? ;)

Would I order through masterlineusa.com?

Thanks

• Baller

@jenksski what @Bill22 says is right but recently, Masterline changed the sizing. I just bought my sixth eagle vest and sizes have gone up and material is stretchier at the waist.

I wear L and when I first put them on I can barely breath and yes you sit lower in the water, but the last one I purchased is not as tight as the one I use for the past 4 years and it feels that it has more floatation (could be because it’s new).

Also the Platinum model which is more expensive is the one that has more floatation.

I suggest to chat with masterline before buying.

@skialex I’ve tried contacting masterlineusa many times via emails, their contact page and fb messenger. I get to chat to someone via fb but nothing comes of it. It’s hard to speak via phone as I’m in Western Australia.

I’ll look into finding another store which sells Eagle vests maybe. I’ve seen the World BareFoot Centre stock Eagle.

Cheers

• Baller

@skialex thanks for the insight.

@jenksski I am sure someone reading this can PM you with an Eagle contact email that is not a general sales email.

Also try Performance, @perfski not sure if they ship overseas. sales@perfski.com

• Baller

@jenksski if it helps, My height is 1.80m and I weight 83kg. I wear L, even the new one that is not as snag in fit, is still right, as M would have been to small for me.

Even if I was 5kg heavier, L would still be right.

I hope this helps.

• Baller
@jensski the only way I have ever had success communicating with Masterline is on the phone. I have found them not very responsive on email or other social media. I do know that Russell is on here as @mlusa i believe. I think there is a phone number on the website so give them a call if you have a question.