Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Next ski purchase

jenksski

Hi Guys

I’m probably looking to upgrade my ski in the near future.

Most probably I’ll be looking at another Radar as I’m in Western Australia, we don’t have a huge range to demo here.

I currently ski on a 2016 Radar Senate Graphite with a Profile binding/ARTP setup.

I really enjoy this ski and running the course at 32/34mph - 18m line.

Looking for advice:

When I should be looking to upgrade?

What ski should I be looking at next?

Should I looking to upgrade to the Radar Vapor lithium or a pro build?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

• Baller
The next shape Senate (17 & 18) is incredible! Felt like a light-year jump from the 16. The new one is supposed to be fantastic too, but I don’t have a ride in on it yet. The Vapor shape the new Senate is shaped after has both my tournament and practice PB, so I’m guessing it’s good B)

• Baller

So like @aupatking said. You can put up big scores on the radar line of skis, however, I found the vapor to be inconsistent with lots of tip rise. Do yourself a favor and look hard at the D3 EVO. Very forgiving and performs very well no matter where you are on the ski.

There are used ones and demos on ski it again that are much cheaper than new.

Thanks for all the advice.

I feel a more stable ski would be the way forward. My current graphite senate is forgiving and turns nicely enough.

Am I right in saying the D3 EVO is wider and more forgiving than the vapor?

Any Connelly skis get a mention?

Just to add, I will need a new RTP soon. I currently use a 2016 radar ARTP.

The pros seem to use a standard RTP. Any reasons behind this?

Thanks

• Baller
I'm skiing at similar 32mph , 18m, and was on a Senate Graphite. Recently upgraded to a Senate Lithium, and its a significantly better ski. I imagine upgrading to a Senate Lithium or Pro Build would be something to seriously consider. I did have a Vapor Graphite for a short while, that at the time was skiing 30mph and enjoyed the Senate over the Vapor for its stability.

• Baller
@jenksski the udpated Senate shapes are doing INCREDIBLE here in the shop! Smoother, faster and just an easy ski to ski on. We've sold about 6 Pro builds so far..and so far its been pretty much all "love" from them. Lithium seems to be much improved also. Had 2 clients over the holiday weekend buy them..ski them....both were coming of ancient skis, so goign to a PVC core alone was a big improvement. Alloys are the go to boat ski for skiers...easy, fast fun... We are loaded up..ready to help. On skis with adjustable fins..we will make sure those leave setup too! heres a link to all the Senate gear if you want to have a look! https://www.perfski.com/ski/collections/radar-collection/senate-collection

• Baller
@jenksski I would go Radar Senate Pro. The newest shape Senate is an absolute ripper and you will feel right at home on it straight out of the box. The ski has a ton of support, turns on a dime, and rips across the course. LMK if you have any other questions.