How old is your boat?

Horton

• Baller

I went with my current newest. I’d stop there, but @thager just reminded me of my 02 196 winter ZO project. Think my river boat might come in around the 91 area.

Need a new offshore boat too.

I only pay a house mortgage for the wife and kids. Really the wife, the kids would LOVE to live on a boat

• Baller
2009 (no Hydrogate) 196 with 600hrs, replace the steering cable, head and pivot, every 4-5 years so it drives like new. Though it does not track as well as 200 and ProStar the wake is as good as a 200, better than new SN. More fuel efficient, no CATS, DFI, touchscreen, tuners or other do-dads to fail and maintain. Can't see a business case to update.

• Baller
I voted based on age of our 2016 Carbon Pro, but still have a 2005 197 with zbox that I see as perfectly suitable to train behind at my level. The public water it sits on is the primary limiting factor on the number of sets it gets per season.

• Baller

I bought my '01 in August of this year and LOOOVE it.

Reasons I went with that age boat:

I think that vintage Malibu is one of the most timeless looks on the water.

I have a near encyclopedic knowledge of Malibus in that age and know how to fix things that go wrong

It skis 95% as well as a much newer boat

It has a more "slippery" hull meaning it burns less gas

It handles like a sports car and out-accelerates modern hulls (more fun to drive)

I paid cash and got it for less than a down payment on a new boat

Less moving and electronic stuff to break

It was built with love and has nice touches they just don't do anymore (upholstered observer seat hinge anyone?)

I am shocked, however, to see that that age boat is the most well represented on this forum.

She turns 19 this year and is aging with grace.

oc2iqztu4fsg.jpg

• Baller
I have a very old boat (1993 SN), I ski most often behind a 2003 SN. We ski a lot and love every ski behind these "old" machines. We have paddle-wheel PP installed and it works great. I ski some behind a 2004 SN with a Stargazer upgrade.