Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Winter ski storage

packski

• Baller

Water expands when it freezes.

If the inside of your ski is completely dry and plastic hardware that might get brittle when cold isn’t manipulated, cold is no issue.

I had an EP that (apparently) got water in it where the top meets the hull. 20 below temps in the shed. In the spring the top and side of ski where pushed out about 1/16.” Definitely wasn’t like that when I put it away.

• Baller
Because I possibly like my slalom ski more than some of my extended family, it and my daughters slalom ski rest in their bags in a closet in the basement. My sons combos and the O’Brien Tournament 2000 kneeboard my brother got for his 12th birthday in 1989 are in the attic over the garage.

• Baller

My skis are in the basement in their bags.

The kid’s wakeboard is in the garage attic with the rest of the junk. It seems to do fine in the NW Ohio winters. I guess I will have to leave it on the platform some day while trailering out to the lake.

• Baller_
My skis are in the closet in the guest room. I had a natural gas line installed and terminated in the garage when I built the house, but haven't bought the heater for it yet. Once I have the garage heated at least into the 50 degree range in winter, I would put the skis out there.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I store my skis at my garage, air is dry, at room temperature. I spend a lot of my free time there too.

If you are storing skis for months, I suggest to take the bindings off. Water is trapped in the foam between the plates and the top of the ski and stays there.bn4y2exmwrqi.jpeg