When was the last time you purchased a new prop for your boat?

Horton

• Baller

Just purchased my first ski boat and want a spare prop. 2012 200 closed bow with PMC 343 engine with a AMCE 1868 prop. Boat tops out at 42 mph at 5200 rpm.

Want to get more top speed for cruising with out giving up all of the zero to 30 speed.

AMCE said use either the

654 prop 12.5" x15 pitch .105 cup 4 blade

422 prop 12.5" x 15.5 pitch .105 4 blade

On my other boats 1 degree of pitch typically reduce rpm about 200 and picks up 2 mph.

I think I will speak with OJ props, but based upon current owners with my boat hull and power what would be a good prop for my needs?

• Baller

That's the basically new Mapple edition, right? Members he would probably like some pics!

I really like Acme props. Here's a thread on 200/5.7 props and altitude and rpms. I would be careful dropping the rpms too low; you want to make sure the engine stays in the recommended max rpm range when its WFO at whatever altitude you are at.

https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/15530/nautique-200-prop-suggestions/p1

• Baller
@Kenboat get rid of the 1868. Not even good for a boat anchor. The prop was only on the 200 for less then 2 years. Either get a 654 or 668 which is what Nautique changed to from the 1868. The 422 will run lower RPMs then all the others but lacks takeoff power.

• Baller

In the process of testing to get that perfect performance so just ordered a Acme 1253 and Acme 1171 for testing. I dont have the pure ski boat so I know it wont be up to pure standards, but I need to find that sweet spot.

The 2008 214/X14 with MCX and 1:1 came with a 13 dia x 11 pitch 3-blade.

My 2008 X14 with LY6 and 1:1.22 came with a 13 dia x 12 pitch 3 blade. It required 4200 rpm to run at 35 mph so I figured it was the wrong prop. Saw a post on Teamtalk where someone tested 4 props on the same drive train and he recommended an Acme 1281, 13.25 dia x 15 pitch. So this prop gets me where the RPM's should be (3600 RPM @ 35MPH) but the main consensus is it seems to struggle on the hole shot. And I can feel the difference when compared to pure ski boats, and my buddies 08 214 with MCX and 1:1.

I just ran a borrowed OJ 13 dia x 14.5 4-blade and things varied a little bit but the wave seemed big.

So the new ACME 1253 (13x14) and an ACME 1171 (13x13) will help me figure out the best overall depending on pitch.

On a side note, I have been running the 1281 for two years and have asked OJ, Acme and Nettle over a year ago, the best prop, and they seem to be as confused as MC, and say the 1281 should be the best prop... We will see..