New fin?

mbabiash

• Baller
I am held to silence for now...but there were a some of those fins on the podium this week at Pan AMs, DEFINITE game changer. Testing has been going on for while on skis of a variety of high level skiers, strong positive results are coming back...

• Baller

@scotchipman I saw that too, but it may just be a rendering on the website - definately a different shape between what is pictured above and what is pictured on the website, I almost wondered if there was a goode shape, a radar shape, and an HO shape along with the thickness.

The tail of the one on this post has angles more like the denali shape, where as the photo on the image on the website has almost a surf fin/hex fin shaped surface. My best guess is that you're seeing a prototype version on the ski which is closer to shape of the final product and a rendering with certain features such as the bumps and the DFT spacer/extension but along w/ some variety.

• Administrators
@Zman that was and EP product developed by Micky Wilkerson from Colorado. Looking at it now & knowing what I know I would guess it was like hanging an anchor from the back of your ski.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

@Horton It sure was EP. The rest of what you noted was an education for me.

The tubes probably were an anchor. Not sure, I was a just a river rat back when I rode it. All we knew was big spray and go fast. And, drink beers.

• Baller
I had a standard fin on an old MasterCraft Pro back in the 80's that wouldn't turn. I ended up cutting over an inch off the back squaring up the back of the fin. Except for the cutouts it looked similar to the picture above but with counter-sunk holes all on the same side. Was short and deep. Probably the best turning ski I ever owned. I think we may be using fins nowdays with way more surface area than we need.