What Else Do You Do? (Sport that's not skiing)

sunnshinne

• Baller

@markn in four eyes. It was just a matter of accident. I bought it from the guy who got it from farther and was surprised that the car does not have a power cluthc and could not manage clutch pedal with dozen+ kilos of force needed every time to shift gear. The price was 1/3 of new MC boat.

It is normal aspiration in turbo body. 1720 pieces produced. Collectible item. Pure luck )))

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

Used to be a very serious trumpet player, now i'm a not so serious trumpet player. I sat principal in my youth symphony back in high school and toured Europe.

Other than that, I'm trying to scrounge up the cash to get more into motorsports. Really want a spec 944

• Baller

My wife and I like to travel and go to the theater. I snow ski when I can get to a decent location (that’s me and 2 of my kids on thanksgiving day). I also have an old Jeep that keeps me tinkering. Generally in the off-season I work, workout, dream of warm weather, margarita sunset cruises and early morning sets.

r5evpuqtgru4.jpeg

bbqk10s3yyd7.jpeg

• Baller

@Bruce_Butterfield Yeah, my daddy was a strongman and my mamma was a tiny bearded lady but I am not a clown, although it was my first career choice when I was 3 :o

I always have to explain to people that uni-cycling is a serious sport with many parallels to water-skiing. Just like water-skiing, the general population is largely ignorant of its organized and competitive aspects. There is a national organization and local clubs. It's a family oriented, lifetime sport. There are skills to be acquired. There are people who do things on unicycles that are hard to imagine possible.

It is an inspirational sport. I'm always happy to have someone want to try rather than say "I could never do that". I figure anyone with the desire to learn to ride a unicycle and does pick it up also has great potential as a trick skier.

My daughter started riding at about 4, I think that was before she learned to ski. She wanted to have a unicycle birthday party, so I started a local club to try to attract more uni-cyclists. I got my grandson his first unicycle last Christmas, hoping to get him started a little earlier.6uf2whglbmta.jpg

• Baller
Golf and mostly other sports that have to do with H2O in a different form. Downhill skiing, Cross country skiing, occasional snowboarding, Back Country skiing on tele gear or AT set up and snow shoeing once in a while. Our winter sports season is usually longer here in the Adirondacks especially this year.

• Baller
I’ve been using this thread as a shopping list. “Do I want to try that, or maybe that?” Turns out, I just want to ski. I can’t get even pseudo excited about anything else. I’m kinda bummed about that. I may have to suck it up and just buy a road bike and make myself like it

• Baller

@DaveD Ha! Hadn't thought of it from that angle. When you schedule a hiking party and nobody....shows up.

More so, one of two ways:

1. Simple hikes that don't require ropes, equip, training or permits or filing a plan w authorities.

2. Hikes that can be done by those with 'soft core'... :-)