What Else Do You Do? (Sport that's not skiing)

sunnshinne

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
I hike through the woods for a living. Other than waterskiing I ride mountain and road bikes, do the occasional bike tour, snow ski (alpine, tele, bc), ride motorcycles (mx/enduro and dual sport), and I run almost every day.

• Baller_

Posting this for a friend. Cole is a B3 skier and has a tournament Slalom PB of 2@-38 at 36 mph and a 570 Trick score. He is an avid snow skier with many trips out West during that season. He also does a lot of hunting with his dad as one of his other sports.

Apparently, he can get some discounts on gear for this other sport for views/likes of his video. I was impressed at his athletic ability. Please take a couple minutes to check it out. I think the the last "selfie" shot is kind of cool.

Also, he is a super great kid. Cool to hang out with. Several years ago, our families were hanging out at the ski club. My son, who is autistic, and I were riding in the boat with Cole and one of his friends. Those two kids were incredibly kind and understanding to my son, who often does not get a warm reception from other kids. They engaged him in conversation about his favorite topics and were genuinely interested in hanging out with him. I've never forgotten it.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
In addition to what I posted before I do some hiking, stand up paddleboarding and a little flat water kayaking. I am toying with a mountain bike but not sure how close I have good riding. I don't have the time to drive an hour to ride.

• Baller
@jimbrake we were heliskiing in Atlin BC, about 100miles from Whitehorse. Powder was great and very light. I like this picture because you can see the ski pole but not the skier and I only know it was me from the rest of the pictures. It was the coldest and windiest day of the week though.

• Baller
Snow Ski, Snowmobile, Mountain Bike, Golf. Even though most don't think Idaho would be a great place to live I can't imagine being anywhere else. It enables me to be 2 hours from some of the greatest ski resorts in the country, Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, Snow Bird/Park City, Big Sky, Grand Targhee(500 inches of blower pow annually). 1.5 hours from some of the best snowmobiling in the west. 30 minutes from incredible MTB trails. The best part is I don't have to wait in long lines on ski hills or deal with traffic.

• Baller
@HighAltitude east coast C-5s. 326AS/709AS Dover many years ago, now 337AS at Westover, MA. Been C-5s about 18 years now. Also on the 75/76 for American out of JFK. Small world. Used to get to Denver quite a bit when i was on the Airbus. Will be out there a bunch this winter visiting friends and skiing. Maybe cross paths someday.

• Baller
Kurt, your Lotus is an awesome car! You would have a blast at Sebring. 17 turns and 3.7 miles around. If you are interested, check out Chin Track days or Suncoast Porsche Club of America. Between the two groups, there is an event every month all winter. If you have any questions or need more info, let me know. At what track was your photo taken?

• Baller
BMX Racing- I'm a track operator and a USA BMX certified coach. Also spend a LOT of time nowadays building the 65 mustang I've owned for 35 years to do some open road racing(like the Silver State Challenge) and also the Optima Ultimate Street Car Association race series. With as bad as the weather has been in Houston this year, I've spent more time in the garage welding than riding bikes or skiing.

• Baller

@ikb yet another awesome track, cool car too

When we were at nationals last year we drove through COTA in our rental , didnt let us on the track though.....

@oldboyll that car is sweet too

I'm thinkin @markn can take us all in his track prepped 911 though that car screams fast along with the driver