November ski ride roll call

Horton

• Baller
I got 4 days in November. Last day was 11/7. Only needed a Camaro top for temps. Water temp 60/Air 70. With fire in NorCal water temp dropped to 50 deg in 4 days due to smoke. I am in Thailand this week. I will probably only get one more day after thanksgiving this season.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

6 sets in 3 days at Jodi's in FL 11/10 through 11/12

All 22 off with Jodi, Frank and Chimmey busting my chops every pass about all of my horrible habits they were trying to break. Board shorts and Heater top.

It was awesome

2umldtm6ba6i.png

Can you spot the sweet waist break followed by hip drop about to happen?

Probably will ski in NH this weekend after the snowstorm clears out and if the water is calm. Drysuit, booties, hat, double nitrile gloves, and only dock starts :)

• Baller
Crazy warm here in central Florida. 11/14 with water temp 74 and air temp 83. Managed to get in 12 passes and that was before noon. Reality will set in as a cold front is approaching with expected lows in the upper 40's for a few days.

• Baller

One last free ski before we hit the mountains and the frozen stuff for the next 5 months. Water temp at 38 degrees, air about 42, couple inches of snow on the ground.

My ski partner is a lot tougher/dumber than me. I went full dry suit. He just decided to not go in the water. :)

• Baller
Skied my last set of the season today. Water was 47 and air 65 in NorCal. Winterized the boat after my brother and I each skied a set. Brought the boat home and tried to fill it up with gas, but the gas kept spewing out for some unknown reason (it was well under half a tank full when I left the lake) and the fuel gauge suddenly stopped working, so a few things to figure out and work on this winter. This was a great season -- my first as a member of a private ski pond. So much fun.

• Baller
@John Brooks - We are not far from the coast and generally have an easterly breeze from the ocean, so it doesn't get as stifling hot here as on say the West coast of FL. I don't think the water temperature reached more than 90 this year. It certainly skis "muddier" than mid to upper 70 degree water, but nothing terrible.

• Baller

Got a Friday set in. Water temps in the 50’s with no rubber or a heater top at most is for the birds. This is the first year, in the last several that we haven’t had upper 70’s air temps most of November, so there’s been no need for more. May have to look into a dry suit.

1bzus1co25t2.jpeg

• Baller
Skied 8 passes on the east course, then 6 passes on the south course 11/25..Lake Minnehaha, Clermont, FL. temp about 68 degrees and air temp 70. Really going to cool down for a few days with another cold front...then back into the 70's.

• Baller

It’s supposed to be in the mid 30’s the next couple nights so we got a set in today. What the cameras these days filter is all the rain coming down. My ski partner gets safety glasses by the box load. Good thing too, they don’t last too long. They are gonna get used on a November day with air 67 and water 61. Don’t have too many more days this warm, raining or not, we were gonna be wet.

6mju0kae4tkz.jpeg

11/25/18 on Lake Washington

Lots of fun with a couple friends out skiing and foilboarding. No clue what ski I was on (borrowed) or the line length. Air was 48 but unsure of water temp. Far from a ski boat, but my friend's SportStar was already winterized. Honestly not a bad trick wake. Again, super fun day!

btrbm9jgysvp.jpg

b8b2h1h2283b.jpg

kwv3425io7yh.jpg