off season projects

Horton

• Baller

Couple of them

Just finished this - back half of a 68 C20 that I built a flatbed and stakesides for - need to get rid of a lot of leafs this weekend.

od275qw8nwd7.jpg

bbb3cg54idu0.jpg

m6i9bj8swppb.jpg

And the true winter project - 82 Kawasaki 750 LTD that is going to get a café racer type treatment. Needs all 4 carbs gone through and new tires, but otherwise is pretty decent mechanically.

szicn8dy3jal.jpg

And I have to clean the shop up, it looks like a pit in all those pictures ;)

• Baller

@oldjeep - nice projects - similarly was going to do that to my R80/7 bimmer but decided to leave it be after driving a few cafe'd bikes that hadn't had the tanks modified they just didn't do it for me.

I've also been looking for a trailer like that to build a "PTO" drive trailer for use around my property - rear axle with PTO shaft up to the tractor and probably a few layers of belt drive reduction so that the trailer can really crawl its way out when loaded.

• Baller
Building a 36 ft toy hauler conversion...5500 pound lift in the back, half race car hauler (or my Edge, dirt bikes, snowmobiles etc) half living quarters. Going on my Kenworth T-600 chassis. Adding 17 feet of frame, moving the drive axle back 12 feet and adding a 20K tag axle (for more braking power). 4th (and last) one I’ve built...

• Baller

z2ta0b9hfjxs.jpeg

Here’s one with the body off...not too many people get to see it like this...

Have the old motorhome body off my T-600 now, waiting on the tag axle and frame to arrive. Have the interior of the new body laid out, but it will probably change...

• Administrators
You guys make fun but I always use fresh stainless as soon as I get a tiny bit of corrosion. Plenty of skis came through my workshop so having a thorough and complete collection of Hardware is important.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
I sent my 93 Ramlin trailer off to Ramlin for a full rebuild and modification. Paint trailer to match boat. That was the morning before my accident. In the meantime I was supposed to finish up some minor repairs and put removable platform brackets on my ‘76 Ski Nautique so I could get both boats in my garage by Dec 1. Thanks to my bum leg this has been put off even longer than I already have.

• Baller

Since it decided to snow today, it seemed like a good day to start putting new tires on the trailer. Old ones were 7 year old c rated, upgraded to d rated. Only changed 2 of them, the 2 by the wall will need to wait until the snow goes away.

t41d7hrquli2.jpg

xetbx43g1xt8.jpg

01ke7jq58b00.jpg

0kwoycb3iqiw.jpg

• Baller

Swapped out the motor on the M5 for another used motor. Old motor was developing some valve float on one cylinder at higher RPMs w/misfires and for now it's far more economical to put another motor in then to rebuild it (a good rebuild on these is about $18K). Plus I now have 2 motors. This was quite the project but it'll keep this old girl on the road.

kxl75xn0ranf.jpg

hamca1lf2vk6.jpg

t3r5twmqym6h.jpg

l1bg8mcu17wb.jpg

kb2x41zmvbr0.jpg