Throwback MC Prostar

LoopSki

• Baller
Ok, this is something that I am working on as the next Promo Boat in AZ. Basically the hull is white gelcoat with a blue deck. The blue strip would be a wrap material with cutout stars. This is a photo shop taken from Goggle. It would be a one-off type boat that is modified by the dealer to suit the buyer. The strip colors could easily vary. Just testing the waters.

• Administrators
Somewhere somebody did build a boat like that by using a wrap. It is not in the gel coat. I asked MastercCraft if that was custom and they said yes.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

California Ski Ranch ☆ Connelly ☆ Denali ☆ Eden Lake ☆ Goode ☆ HO Syndicate MasterCraft ☆ Masterline ☆ 

Pentalogo ☆ Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes 

About Horton

• Administrators
So freaking awesome

California Ski Ranch ☆ Connelly ☆ Denali ☆ Eden Lake ☆ Goode ☆ HO Syndicate MasterCraft ☆ Masterline ☆ 

Pentalogo ☆ Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes 

About Horton

• Baller_
Unfortunately, it wouldn't be possible to have flake with a wrap. You could make the sections of the hull blue flake and cover the flake with white vinyl to produce the desired look, but I would think that would be quite a bit more difficult and definitely more costly. Maybe MasterCraft will give us what we want in 9 years.

• Administrators

This whole thread should be a reminder to everybody that if you want a custom Mastercraft at a great price all you have to do is order it from a promo guy and you'll get it a year later.

Come on people, I know somebody out there wants a raspberry metal flake ProStar with a 6.2. Call me :- )

About Horton

• Baller
Not sure how today's vinyl holds up but I had a wakeboard boat that was wrapped in 2008. It would tear very easily just from bumpers on a dock. Living on a ski Lake where my boat is tied up , while other homeowners are out skiing, I would be nervous the vinyl would be all torn up

• Administrators
@Sethro yes for about an extra $100,000. That would require a whole new mold.

About Horton

• Administrators
yep

About Horton

• Baller
That's my question. Can indentations in a mold, which seem to be there for cosmetic reasons, be temporarily altered and not compromise the mold for future production. Obviously, they aren't going to build a new mold....Well I'm sure they would if the price was right.

• Administrators
@Sethro technically yes but in a production environment that is totally impractical

About Horton

• Administrators
But we really need here is a Stars and Stripes raspberry ProStar with a 6.2. Come on who is will pre-order it? I will take great care of it while I put a hundred fifty hours on it and then it's yours.

About Horton