Goode Revolution Sizing

herseyj

Hoping someone out there can help. Just ordered a Goode Revolution in 66.5. The ski says 66.5 but measures 65. They don't even make a 65 or any thing that small. Anyone have one they can compare and measure actual length. They are closed on weekends so I can't get answers from them.

Worried this is way shorter than my 67 arc and shorter than anything I've ever skied on. Maybe I should have done the next up. On the edge of sizes.

• Baller

Also, in case you're measuring chord-length, Goode has changed (with the Flex tail in '15) to the industry standard method of measuring ski length. Instead of measuring chord-length (straight line from tip to tail) they are now measuring the wetted bottom side from tail to the curvature of the tip.

So a ~65" chord would likely be ~66.5" along the bottom.

• Baller
The surface area is more important than just the length. On the NanoOne and XT, I was on the 65.25 at 195pds/34mph/35 off. That would now be labeled a 66”, the old 66 is labeled 67. Two years ago, I wanted more ski for shorter line and went to the 66 XT, now the “67” XTR. I am now down to 175pds, 34mph/39. I would concentrate on how the ski performs and feels for you, some like a ski on the small end of the scale, I tend to like a ski that “is too large for me”