Goode Revolution Sizing

herseyj

• Baller

Hoping someone out there can help. Just ordered a Goode Revolution in 66.5. The ski says 66.5 but measures 65. They don't even make a 65 or any thing that small. Anyone have one they can compare and measure actual length. They are closed on weekends so I can't get answers from them.

Worried this is way shorter than my 67 arc and shorter than anything I've ever skied on. Maybe I should have done the next up. On the edge of sizes.

• Baller
The surface area is more important than just the length. On the NanoOne and XT, I was on the 65.25 at 195pds/34mph/35 off. That would now be labeled a 66”, the old 66 is labeled 67. Two years ago, I wanted more ski for shorter line and went to the 66 XT, now the “67” XTR. I am now down to 175pds, 34mph/39. I would concentrate on how the ski performs and feels for you, some like a ski on the small end of the scale, I tend to like a ski that “is too large for me”

• Baller
In a lot of cases, ski sizes are not a measurement. Instead they're a use case. People have an idea that a 67 is for 170-185lbs. So some companies will name their ski a 67 because the use case is for a 170-185lbs. Other companies will name their ski based on a real measurement.