Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Problem with new boots

Don11

Need help and suggestions. Wanted to try the 2019 Senate Pro but needed a set of boots. Have skied with Goode hardshells with velcro for many years. Picked up a pair of 2019 Radar Profile boots. My first attempt on the ski - I found the boots so stiff and buoyant, I couldn't even come out of the water. Mind you, I've been skiing for over 30 years so this was extremely frustrating! Anyone with new double bindings having the same dilemma? Any suggestions to get me up on the water?

• Baller
This thread is right up my ally. Received my new Vapor Carbitex this week after my 4 year old Vector was coming apart. They hold my foot and ankle very firmly with a slight angle forward. I was so excited had them heat mold that day Thanks Performance.. I use a rear toe with my new Carbitex. First I barely got up and felt like i was just learning to sk, I felt like I was going to out the front when crossing the wake and could barely turn my ski. For come reason i was skiing straight legged and riding the tail. I got out of the course and made several passes I finished riding a little better but ended hating the boot. Tonight I will try again. What i did learn is that with my old soft boot I must of been moving around a lot in my boot.

• Baller
@Don11 this year I went to a vapor probuild and felt the ski to be much more buoyant then my previous one. When the boat first puts tension on the rope I will push my feet down into the water slightly and tuck my back foot under me as much as possible. After a couple sets I didn’t even notice anymore.

• Baller
@TEL I had exactly the same experience as you when I switch from soft boots to Vapor in the front. It took me at least 3 or 4 sets to get used to it and probably 6 sets before I didn't think about the boot anymore. However, even before I got used to it I started noticing how much better edge control I had. Give your Vapor boot a few sets and I bet you will love it.

After 3 sets and 30 attempts, I gave up on the Radar Profiles. Put interlock on the Senate Pro and stuck my Goode Hardshells on the ski. Got up right away and didn't miss getting up for the rest of the set. With this problem solved, on to trying to set up and dial in the Senate Pro. Any numbers from people that have tries this ski?

Thanks for all of the input!

• Baller

@Don11 I was stubborn and wanted to keep trying my standard deepmajd short fin setup. The ski seems to only like the long shallow fins. Try like 2.45 and 6.965 for starters.

The other thing is the binding holes are about 3/4” more forward than prior models.

I moved where I attach the Sequence plate to the ski and bumper it back about a 1/4” from all the way back using standard plate holes. It still seems a little forward to me but my season ended.