Radar Lyric vs Radar Butter Knife

NurseFarmSki

I grew up water skiing since 8, it came easy to me, but I would not say I was aggressive. Past 10 years I have not been skiing. Last summer got up with ease on Radar P6. Now that I have a boat and lake access again, would like to invest in my own slalom ski. Looking at 65" Radar Lyric versus 65" Radar Butter Knife. I am 40 yo female , 5'7", 135lbs. I don't want to work too hard at this point in my life but am worried Butter Knife might not be enough for me to improve? Appreciate any advice!

• Baller
I would think your consideration set would be Lyric or Katana rather than Butter Knife. My wife and son ski on the 65" T.R.A. at 23-27mph and it works great for them (it is the same shape as the Lyric). My wife is about 120 lbs. The Katana would also be a great choice and even easier out of the water, but you've got a boat now, so you will likely surpass the Butter Knife's intended level of use quickly.

• Baller
I would probably recommend Union based on your size. I have been having fun skiing the course on a Katana this past season at 30 mph in the course running through 32 off so the Katana will turn hard. That said I am 6’ 200 lbs on a 67” Katana. At your size I think a 65” Union would have plenty of support and have more top end.