Nautique 196 vs CP trailer

keithh2oskier

• Baller
Some friends of mine put a 2009 SN 196 on a 2016 Carbon Pro single axle trailer for a very short haul. I don't know if it supported the boat properly, but it must not have torn the fins off or done any visible damage to the boat or trailer.

• Baller

In looking at the spec’s of a 2015 CP it appears to have the same width/beam 91”, and is slightly longer and requires more draft.

Hence if the hull shape isn’t radically different I bet it would work assuming you can adjust the bowstop back a bit so it’s centered.

• Baller
Another option is to get it and take to local trailer shop and pay them a few bux to adjust the bunks. Or at least find one and get $$ estimate to modify. I would think it wouldn’t be much to change to make it perfect. But I would assume there will be some, if it is your long term plan.

• Baller
@keithh2oskier I will ask. The 196 owner is a baller. Maybe he can post. I'm guessing that the bunks would have to be modified. The hull bottom of the Carbon Pro looks really flat at the stern. A 196 has a slight angle on the bottom. It's likely that the CP trailer bunks would not be in full contact with the 196 hull at the stern (or going forward?).