When the buoys are gone.

A_B

• Baller
@Bill22 yea but we we just setup and my ski bud and I thought it was a nice pic to close the ski season out with. He shoots in 3G competition and I shoot for fun. Just to the left out of frame is a 100+ yard shot we have been working on when the backhoe runs. We should have a little more time to work on that now.

• Baller

@A_B This is one of my first steel matches a few years back

(turn volume down). It was a good run for me, not super fast but a fun stage. I think it was only 3-4 misses, those pesky dueling trees are much harder than they look.

• Baller

@A_B I hope you're not shooting the rifle that close.

I shoot 3 gun, USPSA, and ski. Unfortunately the season is pretty much the same for all here in Minnesota (I don't shoot indoors, like my lungs too much). I need a winter hobby.

• Baller

@Wish I saw that before and posted it on my FB as well.

@Bill22 good shooting. I’ve looked at adding a tree before but I like to control the splatter and those look like they can go sideways a little more than I am comfortable with.

@Fast351 not our first rodeo. My friend added a red dot to his 7.62 and later shot from about 50 yards at paper on the plywood to get the site setup in the right zip code.

Another hour or two of backhoe work and we will have a nice 150-yard backstop to zero in on.

I’d like to setup a 600 yard shot at some point.

No doubt it can get expensive. I have 2 new skis in my AR. But it’s a sweet shooter.

• Baller
Skiing and shooting are great fun and addictive but can leave you penniless! I'm only a pistol guy, but the costs for 3G competition are staggering . Ammunition costs for practice are huge, then high end ammo for competition. Would be great fun but I can't afford both. Will stick with skiing and pistols. 4 calibers is plenty