Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

How to do RTWBB

lisako

• Baller_

Caution caution caution. The rtwbb is the single most dangerous trick in the book. Even with a rope release and good pin person if you catch an edge, your knee is in a position where it has no room to move and you will tear something.

Having said that, it’s still a key trick to a high point toe pass. I assume you can do tbb both directions smoothly and consistently and are solid on the twbb. If not wait until you are.

If you are ready, start learning rtwb outside to in but just sliding with no air. You could even weight that side of the boat to get the wake smaller. Once you are consistent with that, work on the rtwb getting air. After that go see a good coach to help with the real thing. Most importantly don’t rush it and take the small steps. This trick can ruin your season in the blink of an eye.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller

Robbins or rope release with no wraps and a good release person is a must.

Start by learning RTWB. Out to in but I do recommend learning it with air - even big air. That teaches you to go late and slow into that RTB position. Commit to the trick so you get all the way around to a stable edge. Of course, don't throw it and overturn it - that's where a dangerous edge catch happens.

Once you have RTWB, the RTWBB is straightforward. It's not really that much bigger a trick than the RTWB - maybe easier. You start from a very stable TB position. Regardless of whether you look at the boat or not (either is OK) you control the trick from your hips. Be smooth and patient as you advance on the boat across the top of the wake. Float the trick to the edge - don't land flat. Go right into TBB or whatever else fits in your sequence.

RTWBB is a pretty advanced trick. TWLBB might be easier and more reliable (and more points) but it takes more strength.

Good luck and have some fun with the trick.

Eric

• Administrators
Personally I would never encourage anyone to learn this trick unless there were already a very proficient tricker and trained with experienced coaches. There are so many other tricks that can follow TWBB.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
Reverse Toe Wake Back to Back. Skiers starts in standard toe back, usually outside the wake, does a toe wake 360 landing in reverse toe back. It is perhaps the most dangerous of all toe tricks.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

@elr TWBB is relatively easy. The reverse must match. Plus the spectator appeal is limited.

TWLBB is an impressive trick for the audience, challenging and cool. Way undervalued.

There are other inequalities in point values. But point reassignment is very difficult and contentious.

Eric

• Baller

@lisako fully agree with @eleeski, RTWB is a must-learn trick if you want a safe and consistent RTWBB. Also, learning RTWB gives you the option of a great sequence that my coach implemented with a lot of skiers back home:

TWBB

TWF

TWB

TF

RTWB

Be patient with RTWBB, great trick but takes some time to master :)

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller
@eleeski if a trick like RTWBB is much more difficult than the regular trick why do the point values have to match? I can't do either of them and have never quite figured out RTB which is much more difficult than TB to me. If RTWBB is much more difficult why can't it have a higher point value.

• Baller

RTWBB might be the most imbalanced between basic and reverse in difficulty. Not sure that is worth the rewrite of the rule book - especially for a trick that doesn't look impressive (unless you've tried one).

However, if it will keep Richelle busy and out of trouble, I might have to do that.

First she needs to approve my T7BB and RT5F which were not approved because they were too dangerous! Compared to RTWBB??!

Eric

• Administrators
T7BB? No. Just No. Is there video of anyone on Earth even attempting it? I assume it to toe seven wrap plus an additional 180 wrap? If so put down the Steel Reserve. I mean seriously!

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

T7BB starts in TO wrap. Turn 180 to back position for the wrap. Drop the rope and unwrap. TF and without stopping execute T5B. It's not that hard or I really am THAT good. I have the video and did in fact submit it. It was rejected as too dangerous - even though an old fart was able to figure it out. Forest Fisher and Nick LeForestier played with it as a way to do TW7BB (which is in the books?!).

The video is in a .dat file. It plays on Windows media player. BallofSpray won't allow me to attach it. I emailed it to @Horton . Hopefully he can post it.

Eddie DeTelder had a video of a really ugly T9F years ago. That started from the T7 wrap with an extra 180.

@Horton I ustacould do TW5B. It was in my run. I wonder if I can even do a T7 wrap now. If I try it again, I'll get it videoed to earn my Steelies.

@lisako there are lots of fun tricks to play with - as long as you have a good release person.

Eric

• Baller

@Bruce_Butterfield I couldn't give you a "like" - Bud Light? Where's the craft stout. Or even a Steel Reserve.

I still can't get why there's a TW7BB but no T7BB.

Actually the TW7BB was from the days when you could start with your foot in the harness stepping on the back of the ski. Makes a RTWBB look safe and easy. Awesome trick. They should allow the foot on the ski to start again. Big points (and spectator appeal). I tried but never made one of those - maybe I only deserve a Bud Light.

Eric