Reflex Supershell 4.0

Ryota

• Baller
I recently switched to a Reflex 3.0 with carbon plate. I can’t see any point to the carbon toe. The boot does not come in contact with the carbon, the metal portion is what holds the toe in place. One of my ski partners said maybe it’s to deflect water and for aerodynamics but I don’t see how that would be helpful. I paid extra for the carbon toe and, unless I’m missing something, I probably should have passed on it. Otherwise, I love the Reflex. I came from a Vapor carbitex. I love the stiff feel and I love how it releases. Great product overall.

• Baller

The carbon heel cup and toe replaced the absolute piece of crap 3D printed garbage they had before. I had about 4 heel

Cups that broke or disintegrated before the carbon. Even the toe piece came apart. I’ve skied this whole year with the carbon replacements and they are rock solid and show no signs of wear. Why didn’t they just start with carbon? Ridiculous to pay hundreds of dollars for a top of the line binding system to have these parts continuously break.

• Baller

Not to be a smart guy but other than increasing the price of an already expensive set up, what would be the benefit of a front release? These things seem to work just fine as is.

On another angle, I use the Vapor liner inside my 3.0 and have used the same in previous white cuff shells. The liner/shell combo works great but on the 3.0 I can't seem to be able to close the middle buckle. At first, when everything was new, I had trouble closing all buckles but as they wore in they fit much better. All except the middle one which barely catches the second or third hook but I ski with the buckle open. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?

• Baller

@LOTW

I had same issue. Non of the buckles would stay latched. I found the reason the be the way they mounted it with the screw in the middle hole. It allows the buckle to lift, then open as it looses the mechanical advantage to stay closed.

I relocate the mounting screws on the latch to go into the lower hole. Then grind off the little post on the back of the latch to get it to sit as flat as possible.

• Baller
Thanks Adam. I think my problem is closer to what Deanoski thinks as the Radar liner is quite thick, possibly too thick at the middle buckle that I can't get it closed. I never had this problem with white cuffs. I really like this combo and as far as that thin Reflex liner goes, I don't like it, too thin.