E_T

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators
I'm super curious @ErikBerghiller is going to say. I don't think anybody's going to train for 41 off with this tool but I'm unsure if rope length necessarily defeats the system. The distance from ball to ball does not change and the time from ball to ball does not change.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
@Horton, I think that if the system is as accurate as they say It can be used as a short line training tool. One advantage I see is that you don’t have the risk of hitting a buoy while practicing short line. I just ordered one for my self and as soon as I get it I’ll post videos and reviews here ?

• Baller
Agree on the 41 off. I am a 28/32 off skier but have fun free skiing at 39off@28/30mph open water. A lot more forgiving if you come across some rollers and a quite different skiing perspective. I know I'm skiing very narrow, but would have a mark to shoot for.

Hi Ballers, 

Glad to see that people are waiting for reviews, so am I! ? 

With the first and soon-to-be second batch shipped, there won't be too long until folks start to use their units and start reviewing them.

We will do new videos in April/May, both instructional and inspirational.  

Until then make sure to check out the updated FAQ section on the website along with the instruction videos.  

@Horton The splash goes off just at/after passing the second wake.

@Horton Sorry, I did not see your second post at first. You are right, rope length does not defeat the system since everything is where it normally would be. The markers are panned 30 degrees forward to compensate for headwind so the splash hits just in front of the boat driver (if watched from above) at 36 mph. That being said, it is not developed with the 41 off skiers in mind :smiley:

• Baller

@ErikBerghiller thanks for the videos, really helpful. Watching how to calibrate it my interpretation is that removing it from the boat means another recalibration. Is that correct?

Reason for the question is not about moving from boat to boat but rather to put the cover on daily. The way this mounts might indicate it needs to be removed for a cover, was thinking about process of taking off, putting on cover, removing cover, replacing OffCourse, then having to calibrate.

Am I correct on that or is it designed to be removed and replaced with on the same boat at the same position and it does not need to be recalibrated?

Thank you

Kevin

@fsts2k You can remove your OffCourse™ and put it back in the case without messing with the settings. Next time you use it on the same boat you might need to recalibrate depending on weight displacement. That being said, as long as it is properly attached in the exact same spot it was the last time it was used it is more a matter of fine-tuning rather than recalibration.

• Baller

@ErikBerghiller you may want to figure out some discs or pucks with a pocket that would receive the screw clamp. Once fine tuned on the boat back out one clamp screw remove a backing on some VHB tape snug that one one. Repeat on the other side.

Now when re attaching if they lined up the screw into that puck it would orient accurately each time.

I see in your how to videos some mangling on the frame. This part in silver and black would solve for that too.

• Baller

@ErikBerghiller Thanks, helpful. Realizing everyone is different, my use case is that it would be used on the same boat all the time. The boat sits on a lift all summer and is only used for skiing but it is covered after each use. For me, if there was a more permanent mount that would attach to the top of the windshield with a quick disconnect for the full system. That would enable it to be removed daily and then remounted quickly.

I know you are designing this for everyone and thus you need to make design that support the broadest group. Just providing on-off feedback from a potential customer. (please note I realize I have not purchased it yet so my feedback may not be worth anything)

Thanks for the continued information.

Kevin

• Baller
Seems like you could put a bubble level on a quick release platform setup with adjustment knobs to level it. Then after initial setup, one could just check to make sure it is still level if you have new passengers and/or weight distribution differences.

• Baller_

Decades ago, I was wishing I had this machine, but I was thinking ice cubes. Mount a big ice cube maker under the front deck to build a reserve supply to fuel the slalom guns. A few weeks ago I asked the developer about ice cubes . . they had thought of it but it was too complicated to keep cubes on hand in water skiing weather.

q9z8s9ppn0c8.png

@MattP Yes, we have. In the boats traveling path it is pretty much dead on thanks to the high end GPS that we’re using. And as long as properly calibrated the course width is very accurate as well.

@Swerve200 We’re located in Sweden and the ice is still thick. However, as soon as it is gone we plan to shoot a video of a pass through a course so stay tuned!

The OffCourse™️ can absolutely be used as a training tool to improve timing but it is first and foremost designed to make those free-skiing sessions more entertaining!

Make sure to check out the new FAQ section on our website.

• Baller
fsts2k - I don't have a trailer so I will use the "On the water" Calibration" . For what we do, I think that will be close enough. I will be taking it off and on to cover the boat. Eric includes "Sticky back Washer" things that protect the Windshield frame. I think these will be an easy guide for placement every time. Again, not going to be course exact, but I think it will be really fun to have something to make turns on open water. Eric was also super helpful, I sent him a couple of pictures to check my set up and he got right back with a couple of suggestions. Unfortunately, its going to be about 3 weeks before I get to use it. Its an expensive toy, but my wife and I will use it 4-5 times a week on the summer.

• Baller
Ski2000. - I had to move the mirror over about 2 inches from were I had it before. Wish me luck, I am going to try it tomorrow with the Bimini down.. I think it will work -- if not, it may be a few hours of cleaning paintball splatter off my boat and face.

• Administrators
@MichaelWiebe I don't think it's a no news is bad news scenario. These guys are just spooling up to get distribution going in North America. you'll notice that they just started advertising here.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
I personally do not have any negative feelings, I am just very curious to get some real world use and feedback on the system.....it seems like there should be numerous systems in use by now? Would be great to hear some feedback from those users!