E_T

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller
Got my OffCourse just before the holiday weekend and UPS says the CO2 cartridges and splash pellets will be here today. I can't wait to give this thing a try! The OffCourse hardware itself appears to be all top-notch quality. Everything has the look and feel of solid hardware and thoughtful design.

• Baller

Have had my new Offcourse out twice now and am really enjoying it!

I have a question for those seasoned users in follow-up to the discussion about leveling. Rather than using/moving inanimate weights around when going from spotter to no-spotter to level the boat, why not just use a small shim between the windshield and the right-side offcourse clamp to level the offcourse, rather than leveling the entire boat?

I plan to give this approach a try, but, was wondering if anyone had already tried it?

• Baller

@Siouxcitysmitty We have attached very small digital levels to both marker barrels. When we have accurately calibrated course width, we jotted down the angle of each marker. Since each marker is easily individually adjustable, it's relatively easy to re-adjust the markers to the correct angle setting - no matter the load in the boat.

• Baller_

@ErikBerghiller PAINT BALL QUESTION

I have a bag of about 300 white paint balls from Nelson paint. About 5 leaked after the bag was dropped and there are droplets of clear liquid dispersed on all of them.

Is it OK to let them air dry, or do they need to be tossed ? I just inspected the box of 2000 balls from Nelson paint and there is no sign of leaks.

• Baller

@xraydoc - I used these little Klein levels (mounted using Gorilla brand double-sided tape). Get the boat @ Zero using the level in your iPhone, then zero out both of the OffCourse levels, and you've set your baseline. At that point, no matter what you have going on in your boat, if both levels are set to zero, you're good. Pretty easy. Of course, you have to do this AFTER calibration. 7m7di2o7mogq.jpg

• Baller
OK... Been some time since I got my OffCourse but am finally going to give it a first run this week. For those who have done this for the first time - any tips before I go out? How long should I give myself to get it set up? How close will it be to the right width out of the box? Or is that impossible to say? I'm putting it on a 2016 SN 200 Open Bow. I assume on a Nautique that I have to plug it into the 12V port in the glove box, so do I have to worry about the lid pinching the wire?

• Baller
Impossible to say how close it will be out of the box. My suggestion on getting the width right is measure twice, mark once with the tape on the gunnel, then when you do go to set/adjust width, have your lightest skier go out at 15 off to gauge the width properly. A heavier skier will pull the boat over too much and have the shots going wide when actually skiing.

• Baller_

@r_maniak - Great idea. I was trying to use my phone's level to record the left and right gun angles after calibration. It was not an accurate method.

I have found that with any given weight load, the boats roll attitude when stopped is much different than when its at skiing speed.

EDIT I see now in your prior post that you set the value at "0" when stopped, and then you adjust the guns to "0" when stopped when occupancy has changed. Doesn't this assume that the change in boats roll attitude caused by a change in occupancy when stopped causes the same change in attitude at skiing speed ?

• Baller_

Skiing with glasses is not a problem. I have moderately strong prescription but don't need glasses to ski a conventional course, unless skiing in low light. I already had a few pairs of cheap glasses setup for skiing, but rarely used them. Water droplets on eyeware are not a distraction. They are small and quicky blown away.

With OffCourse and my eyes, my cheap skiing glasses helps see the splashes faster, and there is no disadvantage in wearing them.

• Baller
r_maniak and others - I had a question about the use of levels - is this so that you can adjust the offcourse for different weight configurations in the boat? In my case, the boat isn't level when we use the offcourse since my driver is alone, but we have calibrated it in that position, and it is always the same. Is there any reason for me to use levels, or to level the boat? Thanks.

• Baller_

@torontoboater Its sort of a tossup between moving weights or adjusting the markers. Before I added OffCourse, my boat had 150lbs of weight positioned out-of-site under the love-seat and forward into the storage area to level the boat with my 120 pound driver. So that's my OffCourse baseline with angles saved with the two levels.

I have friend skier who drives frequently who weighs 185. Rather than buying another 50lb bag of shot that would be sitting on the floor somewhere, I adjust the markers to recorded values that compensate for his weight which only takes a few seconds. If I bought another 50lb bag for him, I would probably want it out of the boat rather than adding 50lbs when its isn't needed. Plus we find ourselves tripping over weight bags when there is no place left to hide them.

• Baller

Even though I love this thread and the fact that OffCourse users are sharing tips on effectively working through little variables, I just wanted to share a typical USER EXPERIENCE from a morning set - perhaps to help keep this thread OnCourse and not so lost in minutiae (which I've been guilty of). I hope this would help the NON user who is just coming here for guidance on a purchase decision.

Late last week we had a perfect morning. I was first in the water. Started 28off (34mph) where I always do. Ran 2x clean. 32off - also 2x clean. I was skiing perhaps the best I have. Perfect symmetry. I don't often get into 35, but took a crack at it. Nailed it (didn't even screw up 4-ball which is my nemesis). I never thought I'd use the purple loop, but my buddy convinced me to try 38. That's just a whole different gaggle of geese and I was late on 2, but wow!

My buddy jumped in and had a very similar morning.

What does this mean to just about anyone reading this? Really... just nothing. What would this have meant to either my ski buddy or myself just over a year ago when all we did was free ski? "Great skiing today, arbitrarily speaking".

What does it mean to us now? Hoots and hollars / fist pumps and high fives... and about a half days worth of adrenaline!

• Like 1

• Baller_

@coach3 @Ericb I vote for that, The circuit board in the control box has a USB port. Maybe updates can be loaded by the owner at some point.

IMO With a 134 foot 0 ball marker It would be easier to get set up for the course than with the 177 foot 0 ball position. With the 0 marker at 134 feet, the skier would be guided to ball 1 at the same speed and path as the starting gate guides you on a conventional course. I haven't had that many sets yet, but currently I am just stalled out waiting for 1 rather than decelerating into 1 because when to turn after ball 0 is just guesswork. With that said its still a great product.

• Baller_

3rd Bracket for early S/N 1-10 OffCourse.

If you have an Open Bow ski boat and an early version OffCourse, you can add 1 bracket to stabilize the unit a with bracket connection to the Left Windshield Frame. I did this as suggested by Erik after I bought the 2 bracket kit without knowing what version I had.

The early version has the GPS module in the center of the system like below.

This on my ProStar 197. It fixes the movement of the unit in rough water.

5db1rmysv45c.jpg

FOR SALE One new bracket from 2 bracket kit. Price $90 including Priority Mail

paid 199.00 for two bracket kit.

See Installation Instructions >>> https://swbca.net/offcourse-brackets.pdf

5xky04fruykp.jpg

• Baller_
@KRoundy They offer a bracket kit as an option for open bow boats with the hinged center windshield. Its for boats where the owner finds the top center window frame to have flexibility or movement that allows the OffCourse to move a small amount in rough water. 2 hinges come in the kit that clamp to the left and right windshield frames.

• Baller

FINALLY used my Off Course today. It's been a bit of a crazy summer. The water was pretty rough on our lake and I almost didn't try it, but I'm SO GLAD that I did. You really can see the splashes and the urgency to turn and go is really there. It is a LOT more like skiing a slalom course than I thought it would be. We struggled with the width of the shots a bit, but think we will figure it out. The product quality is top-notch and most of all, it is really fun!

I'm curious to know how long we should expect a CO2 canister to last. We had three skiers each take a set or two (I did three) and we did not have to recharge the canisters. When I took them off there was definitely still pressure in them. How many shots do they generally have in each canister?

• Baller_

@KRoundy This is from their web site . .

"The Z-Magazines do not only contain twice the amount of projectiles compared to the standard magazines, the angled entry also makes it easier to refill the magazines with the bimini top up.

They contain 25 projectiles each, which is approximately what one CO2 cartridge covers. This means you can refill projectiles and CO2 at the same time, and ski up to 50 consecutive turns!"

I am glad I ordered the Z-Magazine, because I usually do 6 passes in a set which is a total of 42 balls. 36 plus the six 0 markers.

3-Small.jpg

• Baller

To all who have followed this thread and are considering a significant upgrade to the free-skiing experience and injecting a new level of FUN to your ski sets:

Rodics Innovation (makers of OffCourse) are having an OffSeason promo for $500 OffPrice.  

Ice will be gone soon!  Cheers!

order now-3.png

• Like 5

Dear BallOfSpray Community,

I hope this message finds you well and enjoying your water skiing adventures. I'm thrilled to introduce myself as Robert and I'm part of the team at Rodics Innovation, the creators of OffCourse™. I have some exciting news to share with you.

We have an exclusive offer just for our valued BallOfSpray members: a remarkable $500 discount on your purchase of OffCourse™, our revolutionary boat-mounted water ski slalom course.

With OffCourse™, you'll experience the freedom to ski wherever you desire, easy setup in under five minutes, and a greener approach to your skiing activities, contributing to a lower carbon footprint. This special offer is available for a limited time, so don't miss out on enhancing your water skiing experience.

Simply use the code BOS500 at checkout to claim your discount and click the link below to learn more about OffCourse™ and how it can transform your time on the water.
Link to our website: https://rodicsinnovation.com/offcourse/

Thank you for being an integral part of our community, and we can't wait to see where OffCourse™ takes you!

Best Regards,
Robert Ungurjanovic, OffCourse™ team

• Like 2