Masterline Ergo Anti Roll Handle unboxing

Horton

• Baller
@Chef23 I think @Pacman meant the inserts that guide the rope into the handle bend. They look like hard plastic still and @Pacman had the old style ergo just put a hole into his syndicate vtr a couple months ago. I have the old style one and an insert recently broke on it too. With the insert broken, the rope will most likely rub on the aluminum core edge. I haven’t contacted masterline to see if they would repair it.

• Baller

@Horton @Chef23 @PacMan I have not seen the plastic inserts break or crack at all really. The inside of the ergo handle does not have any rough or sharpe edges the will cut the rope from the inside. On the flip side is that sharp edges from cracked plastic may cut the rope from the inside out from the normal stretching of the bridle if you keep skiing with it. If someone believes the ergo handle is compermised they should send it back to masterline to be taken care of.

Any handle will put a dent and or compermise a ski just like any handle can ding fiberglass when hit.

• Baller

@dave2ball I probably will send it in but am not sure if I will end up using it anymore because of the damage it did to my ski. I know that any handle can potentially damage a ski but this handle has a much higher chance of doing that than standard handles. Search "Worst Way to Start a Day" for some pics of my ski. It's a topic I started after it happend.

This is the second time I have had these handles break like this and my brother has had it happen also.

Unfortunate because I really liked the handle.

• Baller
@dave2ball mine broke when I let go and the handle caught the edge of my ski and popped the ski top away from the ski bottom. Luckily one of the Denali guys made a post on how to repair that. For whatever reason this handle really impacts the ski harder than my non ergo masterline not that it happens that often. And yeah we both have bent normal handles too, but the ergo feature is what we like. Idk... just our opinions I guess. Masterline is the only company for ropes and handles that we’ll use in any case.

• Baller

@ShererSkier the ergo handle is a heavier handle. It has more aluminum then our normal handle. because of the way it is bent. So yes it will cause more damage it it hits the ski. Hitting the ski will cause the plastic insert to fracture. I spoke to Bob at ML. send it in and they will be I touch with you about restring your ergo.

• Baller
I tried @Horton 's handle last week end and it is pretty good. I ran passes without thinking about it. It fell stable and it is easier to recover when mis-grabbing. More importantly, my elbow felt better after my rides that day...

• Baller
I’m over in Orlando from the UK in March and will pop in to Masterline for a new handle. Question is do I go for the Normal custom radius or an Ergo radius? I’m coming from a regular straight 13 custom in 1.00 diameter. Does the ergo come in different diameters too? Figured I’ll get a radius this time due to my tweaky elbow but can’t decide which one to get! Help..?

• Baller

Years ago I got onto the ARS handles before it was sold to HO. What I found was it was a more stable feel and easier on the joints.

What was really noticeable is whenever I went back to a “standard” handle with the rope going through the center of the handle, I noticed there was a “loosey goosey” feel that distracted me a little and probably took more effort to hold on to. But if you never ski AR handles, you will never know it. I have been on some sort of curved anti roll handle for a long time.