Would you donate / contribute to an all female the pro cash prize event?

Horton

• Baller
I was going to say that I wouldn’t personally fund a women’s pro event and that if I were to donate to cancer research I would make a pure donation so that 100% of my contribution went to the research. But realizing that a large scale event can make a much greater contribution than I personally can to any given cause I would consider contributing to an event of any format if it was enabling a meaningful contribution to charity.

• Administrators
There is one prominent Baller who is working me to put on an all-female slalom pro event. I 100% support the idea in principle but I am worried about the opportunities to raise enough money to get the best women in the world to show up.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

If it's real and you are serious, you can count on my check. And my support if you need a judge.

Women skiers rock. Note that the top male tricker in the last junior world championships would have placed fourth in a combined event. Will there be a tricks event?

Eric

October 6-7 will be the third annual Queens Cup at Little Mountain near Charlotte, NC. We typically get a great group of skiers, fantastic sponsorship and it's a wonderful event. It's a "Big Dawg" format tournament so no pro skiers. Skiers must be 30 years old or older and have not finished in the top 7 in elite points in the past two years.

This year we had to postpone the event due to hurricane Florence but it will be held next weekend!

• Baller
As @klindy mentions, we are hosting the Queens Cup again at Little Mountain. This has been a great event, a lot of competition and comradery and just plain fun. We have looked at a number of formats to continue to grow the event. Jeff Gilbert has worked tirelessly to make it successful, bringing in sponsors and continues to market the event and recruit women from across the country to participate.