How do I adjust a T Factor binding?

whitem71

• Baller

Just bought a new T Factor after years on a Leverage. Fingers crossed it feels tight enough because that’s why I loved the Leverage so much. On that note, I see that there are some sort of adjustment screws on the base plate (underneath). Anyone any idea of what they do and how to adjust them? Can you adjust the width etc?

Thanks.

• Baller
@Bill22 excuse my use of English, I meant that they make one plate for all sizes and depending on the size they use the holes for that size. But that doesn’t mean that they have a set of holes for each size like 4-10 reflex does. It could be like same set of holes for xs/s or for M/L. Size is mostly determined by the front rubber piece, heel piece and overlay cover a couple of sizes.

• Baller
Right. So I guess it’s not really meant to be adjusted us then? Which is why D3 don’t mention it in the instructions. In my mind tho if you make the base wider, yes the rubber tightens down but perhaps allows more lateral foot movement? Which I don’t think you would want unless you have a wide flat foot!

• Baller
@whitem71 be prepared for there to be an adjustment phase. If there is none great but it may take a few sets to get comfortable on. I haven't made the switch you are making but have changed bindings and it can take a half dozen sets or so to get feeling comfortable.

• Baller

Initial impressions after taking a couple of sets at 28 & 32 off this weekend:

I’m size 9 US (8 UK) and the mediums appear about the right size, however the front of my foot is super tight and feels squashed down. I’m sure this will settle down though. The rear/upper boot feels a little loose compared to the Leverage and need a fair amount of tightening with the cord to get it anywhere near snug enough for me (I have slim feet).

In terms of skiing, tbh it felt much the same as the Leverage but perhaps a little more directional ball to ball. Skied about the same score so pretty happy. Great that I was able to take it off really easily too.

In terms of moving on I would like to loosen up the fronts and tighten up the heel and ankle area. I’m not sure how to do this - I’m guessing bring in the width a bit with the adjustment screws underneath but I haven’t a clue how to do this. Anyone done it? I took the screws out but was then kinda stuck, as I couldn’t see how to bring the binding in narrower. Help!

• Baller

@whitem71 The width adjustment is only in the forefoot (where those 3 holes are right next to each other) The front should loosen up as you wear it as the footbed will compress/ form to your foot. And/or, if you narrow the front forefoot it will be a little taller.

With the rear, make sure the overlays/ lace eyelets are for certain over the tongue