Radar Carbitec Sizing

jedgell

• Baller

I’ve been on Radar Strada bindings since 2010, had a couple different pairs. I wear size 12 and they’ve always been very snug fitting, even after hear molding. Just got a pair of Carbitecs with BOA and my feet are loose even with the BOA as tight as I can get it, to the point I feel like it might break. Plus I have to pull on the bungees way tighter than necessary to get a decent fit. Even then my feet move around in the boot. Anyone else have this issue with the newer Radars? Are the new liners thinner? They are a pair of 2017 bindings, but were brand new, still had all the tags on.

Thanks

• Baller
We've not run into any issues....and all assessments on sizing here run true to what we've experienced in the shop. You might consider adding a footbed from an older pair of tennis shoes or we do sell radar's footbeds that come with the boots. You will remove excess volume from the boot doing this...and it should sort out your problem. If we can help let us know. Best Regards Bill @ Performance Ski and Surf.

• Baller

Heat mold the liners, use just a very thin sock on your feet. Don't put the footbeds in and don't cinch the laces down very much. This will let the boots form snug to your feet.

Once they've cooled down, put the footbeds back in and see how they are. Should have reduced volume.

I have new carbitex boots coming off RS1s. The RS1 liners were thicker and after about a dozen sets the carbitex have packed out a little more than I'd like, especially around my ankle. I'm going to heat them again as well.

• Baller

I was always in a size 10 Strada and went to a size 10 Carbitex. I find the Carbitex to be a little shorter but a bit wider. If you have a narrowish foot then I can see having an issue getting the BOA tight enough. Even with the Carbitex molded it is a little wider.

I definitely find the Carbitex to be much stiffer and more responsive even though it is a little wider. When I first went to the Carbitex I struggled the first two sets very similar as to when I tried a Reflex. After 2-3 sets I was comfortable and back skiing the way I was before.

• Baller
Think I figured it out. Measured the inside of the shells and they're are about 1/2" longer on the new ones vs the old. Even with the liners in them, which were heat molded, I can push the liner forward so there's a 1/2" gap between the back of the liner and shell. Dealer's been great, will get the problem addressed.