Anyone Leave Their SuperShell for White Cuff

BlueSki

• Baller
Just curious if anyone that has tried the Reflex SuperShell has left it to go back to the their traditional white or black cuff. If so, why? I still see plenty of white cuffs so I am curious to hear from those that had tried both. Were there performance gains by going back?

• Baller
Alright, so this has clearly never happened, the end of season is taking hold, or I was just too specific in my subject line to garner interest. I should have gone with “Does the SuperShell Suck?” Let’s try this, if you use the white cuff, what has kept you on it vs. going to the SuperShell?

• Baller

My son is still on the black cuff it has always worked for him, hasn't worn out and we haven't seen a reason to change.

I would imagine that if people had moved back from the SuperShell someone would have commented here.

A better question might have been pros and cons of the SuperShell vs the White Cuff Reflex shell.

• Baller

Fwiw, I see a lot of both the black cuff and the white cuff around and on a lot of pros. I can't seem to think of a pro skier on the Supershell. Someone will know better than me if there is someone.

A lot of people have probably just stuck with what they have and what is working for them. The Supershell being newer, you would expect to see fewer of them out in the wild, particularly since it takes a long time for a shell to wear out.

• Baller
I tried the supershell a couple of years ago because the boot is the same as a shell I was using on a previous set up and liked. As you said @Jordan, I see a lot of white and black cuffs still in use so as this one wears out I was thinking of trying the white.

• Baller
I’ve been on the 3.0 super shell for about 3 weeks now. Switched from the Vapor carbitex due to issues with durability. It was definitely a bit of a transition but I’m used to it and I love it. I suspect I would have adapted to, and loved, the white shell or black shell, too. I also have the carbon front toe bar. I don’t see how the carbon component actually comes into play in any way. The boot is held into place by the steel bar, it don’t even see that it comes in contact with the carbon so this may have been a waste of money.

• Baller

I Know of a guy that was on supershell and went back to black shell, don’t know the details but he believes that he skis better on the black boot.

I haven’t skiing on the supershell but I feel super good on the black shell and looking at the supershell, don’t like that the bottom is very thick and personally don’t like the aluminum buckles (don’t like them on black boot either) I believe that they can hurt the ski if boot releases and hit it.

On the up side, supershell looks good and if you are new to reflex why not going to the new product.

Sacka Descuns is on the supershell and he is a pro.