Northwest road trip - looking for a ski ride

JohnN

• Baller

Getting ready to head out on a fairly lengthy road-trip and hoping to get in a little skiing while I'm at it. I'm going as far west and north as possible - dropping off my youngest at Western Washington Univ. in Bellingham, Washington this weekend where he'll be waterskiing. My schedule isn't super tight - Sunday I'll be heading south on I-5 and need to be near Reno Tuesday - Thurs for work. The following Sat/Sun planning on going to Collegiate western regionals at Bell Aqua before heading home. I'm not familiar with the lakes along I-5, but I'd love to do some skiing Sunday and/or Monday somewhere between Seattle and Chico, and maybe in Sacramento Friday. I can provide gas, beer, driving, etc, and am looking forward to exploring on the west coast. Recommendations are welcome, and PM me if something might work. Thanks! John

Oh, I also have a mountain bike with me if anyone has good ride recommendations along I-5, Hwy 70 or I-80.

• Baller
Great mountain biking in SW Washington and Central OR. I use www.trailforks.com for trail info. I'm a big fan of the Cold Creek area of the Yacolt Burn State Forest outside Battle Ground, WA as well as Phil's Trailhead area outside Bend, OR. My general route from SW WA to Reno takes me through Bend to Klamath Falls then toward Susanville and Reno.

• Baller

Just got back to Colorado - 5K miles over the last 12 days! A big shout out and thanks to @MarkTimm, @igkya, @Krlee, @nikandsteve for sharing their sites and the great hospitality! And a thank you to the other folks who had great suggestions that I hope to explore on another trip. Skied at 4 different lakes, mtb rides in 3 states and met a whole bunch of great folks. This site is truly awesome for connecting with other ski addicts!

John

ps - Bell Acqua did a phenomenal job with the NCWSA Western Regionals getting all the skiing done, feeding and somewhat controlling a lot of college kids staying on site. Great Job @Krlee , @nikandsteve and your crew.

• Baller

@johnN Great to meet you this weekend. Thanks for your help judging and driving at College Regionals, we could not have done it without all the volunteers. Hope we can get out and snow or water ski with you in Colorado.

This site is great for meeting other skiers.