Where to buy ski in Europe?

picolovac

Dear all,

Are there any European skiers on the forum, especially from central Europe? I'm curious to know, where do you buy your slalom skies from (HO or Radar)? I have contacted a couple of shops about shipping in Europe, but the shipping cost is approx $ 500 or more, which is certainly unacceptable for me as it relates to delivery costs.

Thanks!

• Baller

@picolovac skis are expensive when bought online and shipped to Europe. It’s not only the shipping cost but also import tax and expenses.

There are shops in Europe that sell skis at a very close to the US price.

Try Olivier Fortamps in Belgium.

I also have some skis for sale at very reasonable prices if you are interested. I do not have a shop but because I setup the skis for almost everyone in Greece, I know what skis are for sale and help my friends to trade them.

So I have a new KD Platinum 67”

A D3 Evo 67” with less than 10 sets, a slightly used Radar vapor 66” 2018, a syndicate Pro 66” and some more. I can send pictures and info, PM me if you are interested.

• Baller

In the UK we get good service on Radar from Robin Hood Water Sports (www.roho.co.uk). Even if buying from them isn't practical why not give them a call? They are very helpful and may well be able to give you info on suppliers closer to where you live.

OR - holiday in Florida, pro coaching sessions and buy from Perfski - best option of the lot.

• Baller

Another nod for roho - George will sort you out.

He imported a Women's HO Omni Carbon for my wife as there were none in the UK.

They do both HO and Radar and take payments in euros if that helps.

Perfski are brilliant ant shipping stuff - but even they cannot make taxes vanish [the shipping was not too expensive].

How about www.buyski.eu anyone has some experience with them? I have checked all sites that are recommended in this post, and only buyski has syndicate omni available.

Also, what’s the procedure with buying a used ski from US, i.e. ski-it-again.com? Is it also affected by import tax and expenses?