California ProAm live stream - Starting Friday 9/14

Horton

• Baller

Weird!

When clicking on the link above, I get “video unavailable” when pasting the url in my browser it works though.

Try copy and paste that one (delete the spaces I had to put in to prevent it from being a direct link)...

h ttp s://youtu.be/vt5N5wUrg3k

*edit*

You could also open YouTube and search for “CA ProAm Saterday” [sIC]

But video is not playing - again - right now anyways. :s

• Baller

Just clicking on the video not available, go to YouTube message should take you right to the webcast. Worked here.

Is the video distorted for others? Everyone looks tall and skinny on my screen. Phone, tablet or TV

Have not listened so much to the audio because of the buzzing noise.

• Baller
The aspect ratio from the boat cam is wrong, it's as if it was shot in 16:9 and then played to the player 4:3 so it looks all wrong, the rope angle and everything is hard to watch. Boat cam has problems in transmission too it seems. The shore cam is better to watch by far (if they kept it on a good tripod it would be even better). Whoever set it up did not watch it much, the banners on the bottom cut off the skier action from the shore cam all the time. Move them to the top Please. for the finals?

• Baller
Format is skiers qualify for the final on the combinded score of both rounds. So you need two good rounds to get in. Nate dropped the uncharacteristically dropped the handle handle at 39 in the 2nd round and just mist the cut. Detrick wth similar scores just missed the cut. I assume Fred did not ski round two because he did not think he had a chance to make the cut, but I did not speak with him. In the end I think if Fred would have run 3 or 4@41 in the 2nd round he could have gone in, but I would have to double check the scores to confirm.

• Baller
Just want to add that this was a home made webcast. The folks in NorCal are working to understand how to use lower budget off the shelf gear to put on the webcast ourselves. Ourselves essentially means George Canepa who has worked really hard to figure this out. I bet next year he has all the bugs worked out and it will be easier to put out a great webcast. If we can do the webcast ourselves it allows the prior budget to be diverted back into the purse for the skiers.

• Baller
I love that you guys are doing it yourselves! So rad and Thankyou. Personally I don’t need to see the corner dock cam image and all the in-depth stats. Just good clean audio, a few camera angles and skier name/ rope length. Great work!