Broken plate

jimmyjamesbrown

• Baller

@jimmyjamesbrown Did you not originally have the reinforcement plate shown in the picture? When I was on HO boots, the rear plate always included this plate for spreading the load where all those slots are. It appears you just had 2 screws with washers. That won't spread the load much.

That "might" have allowed the plate to flex more, and break. Just my 2 cents.zhsmwed45hnh.jpg

Thanks all, was indeed a good bail. Sprained front ankle pretty good, no skiing for 2 months.

Appreciate any contact at HO.

As for question on the reinforcement plate, that was something I noticed afterwards....it wasn't on. :# Found it in the garage afterwards :'( . But I'd skiied on it for 4 years without issue. This happened after first ride after taking the boots off so someone else could try my ski and then putting back on. Prob stressed it a bit and then without the reinforcement plate it just let go. Maybe saved my back ankle.....front, not so much.

That Strada plate won't work, appreciate it though. The HO plates have holes cut so the footpad is directly on the ski.

• Baller

@jimmyjamesbrown Give our Customer Service Department a call at 1-800-938-4646. That's always the best way to reach us. Ask for Austin. I've already briefed him on this. We'll get you a new plate ASAP.

For a plate to snap like that, it could be an indication that the laces were set too tight. Glad to see no mention of injury!! Be safe!!

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller
We definitely recommend using the Pivot washer @Zman is referring to in the photo above. The Pivot washer can certainly spread the load on the plate better than two small washers. Obviously I wasn't there, but my gut tells me the real reason the plate broke is because the laces were set too tight that the foot couldn't exit the boot.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

@jimmyjamesbrown One more thought to go along with what @savaiusini said above about the laces. You should wear the rear laces especially loose. It is your rear foot, no need to be real tight. Both boots should be loose enough you can pull your feet out standing on the dock (and soap gone).

If not, you risk injuries even worse than what you got this time. Just my 2 cents. Ski safe, have fun!