Onside help

Dano

• Baller

Hi all,

I'm on 2015 66" vapor. I'm 170lbs. fin is at 2.445, .745, 6.954. boot is 29.25. I'm skiing well with this set up 32off at 34mph. My offside turn feels real good every time. Onside, is not very consistent, sometimes it seems pretty good other times it feels hard to initiate and it feels like the ski nearly stops and i get folded over on hook up (too much tip?) and other times i'm diggin a hole with the tip high and of course thats slow and hard to hang onto. just trying to find some consistency. would a fin move help this? Sorry I don't have any recent video's.

• Baller
I think sometimes with the onside turn it can be technique based. You generally are carrying more speed into your offside turn so the ski tends to initiate and flow through the turn better. Make sure you focus on good effort through the work zone on your offside and good handle control to maintain direction off the wakes.

• Baller

Moving the rear boot back was a very good suggestion. I did that and skied it yesterday, results surprised me quite a bit. Onside seemed to be much improved without taking away from the offside. Ran right up to my PB first set. I didn't think 1/4 inch in rear boot placement would render a noticeable change, but I do believe it did. @Chef23 i agree my handle control needs work and direction is never optimal as I scramble from ball to ball. work in progress.