Ski schools

moski

• Baller

I travel around few states for work. I have run 15 off and 2 balls at 22 off at 30mph. Someone recommended to me to actually run speed at 32mph. I have a 65” HO Mach I (grey w/ neon green) that was my dad’s and its from around 1995 i think. I got a new to me ski, recommended by few folks i have talked with and gave them my background. It’s a 2016 Radar Vapor 66”. I am 5’8” and 150lbs. I need help getting this Vapor dialed in. Looking for some ski schools help to get ski dialed in for me but also lessons at the same time to get better at the ski course.

The states that i work in are: MO, part of KS, half of IL (southern part), IN, KY, TN, AR, MS, AL. Ski schools in these areas to get ski dialed in for me and also better myself in ski course???

Thank you in advance for your help/advice,

moski

• Baller

@Horton thank you. @Ipskier. Will do. Sending you a PM.

Yeah its hard to find some of these places. Appreciate the help. My kids are 11 and 9 yrs old. Good slalom skiers. But I’m going to send them to a kids ski camp next summer for a week long ski camp to get better (that is what they want which is cool to hear as a dad) at slalom, but also play with trick skiing, get better on wakeboard etc........

• Baller

@moski for younger kids it is hard to beat Cobles for kids in that age. The Coble family and their staff do a great job watching out for young kids you could send them there without worrying about them being safe. My kids went a bunch when they were that age. Frequently I went also because it was an excuse for me to go to ski school but they always stayed in the dorms with the other kids.

When my son was older and a little more serious we went to Travers for a week where he skied 4 sets a day for 5 days mixed between slalom, trick and jump.

Both were great experiences.

• Baller

@foxriverat I can tell you're from the greater Chicago area if you call Farmer City southern Illinois ;). I had a college friend that called Champaign northern Illinois.

Agree 100% though, Doug's a great coach. Usually ski there a few times each year. Tried to catch a set when I was down at U of I for a career fair this week, but he was gone.

• Baller

@Chef23 I would love to send my kids to Coble ski camp, myself too. But that’s a good distance from Missouri. Don’t see me getting that one past my wife lol lol.

Thank u all for helping out. Keep it coming if a place was not mentioned. I’m open ears for places around Midwest/Missouri. I Love this sport. My family too. Alot of family memories and many more to come.

Just great to see my 11yr old daughter and 9yr old son wanting to learn more and ask me questions. I can only show them basics of slalom. Can’t wait to send them to a kids camp next summer here in Missouri (they r excited).

• Baller
@moski we flew to Coble's from Massachusetts. Even my wife who is not a skier enjoyed it she just liked hanging out at the lakes, watching the kids ski and not having to plan or prepare any meals. I recommend a family trip strongly if you can swing it we had some great times at ski school together.