Help with modern ski choice

Jerry

Looking for guidance.

I open water ski in a 89 HO Mach 1. (Yes I’m a little behind the times) Just bought a HO free ride evo. Love the new boots and the responsiveness but the the fact that it’s so radically light I am having a hard time with turns. It doesn’t seem to do in the way the old heavier ski does. Should I just keep going with this or return it and look in a different direction?

Thanks in advance!

Jerry

• Baller_

@jerry you went from a high drag ski to an extreme low drag ski. You are probably having trouble do to the fact you are putting in same physical effort on the new ski. So the ski is literally going to fast to make the turn. I rode that ski (did not have my Denali with me) and had to make big adjustments. Slowed the boat from 34 to 28 and adjusted the effort extensively way down.

Slow the boat if you are above 28mph.

Use way less effort and start feeling the rythm of the ski slowing off the second wake and naturally starting the turn back into the wake..repeat. Concentrate and make it about that pendulum rythm and not about getting to a certain wider point and or turn at a certain point. As you start feeling the rythm, and it's consistent, you can start upping the intensity.

This or look for a used ski on Ski It Again that is a higher end ski appropriately sized to your weight hight and boat speed if above 30mph. HO S2 is one I highly recommend. But lots of good choices out there.